YOU LITTLE BITCH! (6)

Aiden

It has been 2 weeks since I kissed Layla. 2 long weeks of seeing her and not being able to talk to her. 

She hates me.

I think about that day with bile rising in my throat.

~

I stand back and she slowly slumps down the side of the car, face blank, void of any emotion. Her eyes are empty and lifeless. 

"Layla?" Nothing, literally nothing. Silence. Absolute silence. The type where you reevaluate everything. Every choice you ever made comes back to you in this moment and makes you doubt yourself.  

Oh God what have I done? 

"Layla?" I repeat, all I want right now is a snarky comment..a slap maybe. Anything to show that I haven't broke her.

What a fucking idiot I am! There is always a reason for things, a reason for her hating anything romantic. There is always a reason!

"Layla, please." 

"Go away. Go away and never talk to me again. Never look at me. Ever. Just go." Her voice is quiet and sad. Defeated. I expect to see tears but her chocolate eyes are bone dry. 

"I'm sorry, Layla."

Her eyes flick up to mine, "Leave" was the one word that rolled off her tongue.

That one word made my heart ache. 

That one word held so much emotion is made my eyes dampen.

"I'm sorry," I whisper before walking off.

That was one of the most heartless things I have ever done in my miserable life.

I left.

~

I shudder and shake away the thoughts that relentlessly haunt every day and every night. 

Every day the bags under her eyes get worse, her face paler. She still looks amazing but she isn't the same. Guilt consumes me and sits on my chest, making it hard to breathe. 

I'm in English and I can see Layla at the front, gazing off into space. Where was she staying? I know she hasn't been staying at home, her car hasn't been there. 

I groan at loud, putting my head in my hands.

"Bored Mr Tayler? " The teacher calls, I see Layla's shoulders tense and it feels like my heart has just been stabbed.

"No miss." I mumble.

The bell rings for lunch, the worse time of the day because she sits at the same table and I can't talk to her!

Before I reach my locker Amelia comes storming towards me, face flushed red and her piecing green eyes blazing. 

"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE YOU LITTLE BITCH?!" She seethes, I'm confused.

"What?" 

"What did you do to Layla because I know she has gotten her nightmares back and it took years to get rid of them!" Nightmares?

"I uh um kissed her," I say sheepishly,

Amelia's' face looks horrified, "Oh no why? WHY?" She screams. 

"i don't know, I don't fucking know what's going on!" 

"You have no idea what you have done." She hisses storming off. 

No, I honestly have no fucking clue.  I slink to lunch feeling confused and trying to figure out whats going on. The girls aren't there. 

i wish I knew what's going on!

For the rest of the day I don't see Layla, I get regular glares from Amelia, though. 

Fun.

Layla

Tiredness engulfs me but I refuse to sleep. When I close my eyes, even for a minute, nightmares that feel so real drag me into the neverending darkness. I'd rather deal with the waves of exhaustion that rack my body, making my knees weak.

Ugh Amelia is becoming nosey. She knows my nightmares are back and is . . . worried? I dunno but its annoying. 

Seeing Aiden only makes it worse, the panic. Oh god.

1....2....3....4....5...6....7....

Breathe.

I shake off the feeling of being out of control and slide into my car, ready to see Lilly. 

I drive carefully, trying to ignore the visions that are forcing themselves on me. I need to focus and get myself together.

Fucking hell he only kissed me! 

I block it all out, by playing Eminem full blast. Singing the words softly, I have a horrible voice. I sound like a choir of strangled, drowning cats that have earlier taken heroin. I think you get the point.

I go through the usual, ID and guards rubbish until I see Lilly sitting in her usual spot. 

She must have seen but stay seated, very, very, very unusual. I hesitantly walk towards her.

"Lilly, what's the matter?" I ask softly, trying not to frighten her small frame. 

"Layla, do you think bad daddy will come back?" I freeze, heart hammering and a cold seat gliding down my back. 

"I-I uh dunno um why?" I stutter.

"I heard mum and dad talking about moving because he's coming out of the naughty house." I heart drops to my stomach. I storm towards Lilly's adopted parents, this cannot be happening. Panic suffocates me and settles on my chest and no amount of calm breathing can shift it. 

"Is it true?" I ask shakily when I see Rose,

"What?" She asks, but I can see she knows, i can see the sympathy and guilt,

"Kevin?" I snap,

She nods slowly,

"He's coming out in 2 weeks, honey I am so, so sorry." Tears fill her eyes but I just stand. I turn and walk out, feeling shifty and anxious. I kiss Lilly absent-mindedly before getting in my car and driving blindly. 

Tears fall freely now, sliding down my cheeks in untamed waterfalls. I can't see the road so I pull over and sob.

No. No. No. No. NO. I repeat in my head, over and over. Wanting to wake up and this all be a dream. I punch my steering wheel causing my knuckles to split. My skin crawls at the though of him and suddenly I can't breath. A thick layer of misery and doom surround me, dragging me to madness. No!

I blindly grab my phone and dial a number. Not Amelia's. Not dads. 

Aiden's.

Her answers on the second ring, panting I try and make out words,

"He-he-help me. On road b-by care h-h-home. Aiden, pl-pl-please." And then darkness takes over. Taking me prisoner.