Dirty Bitch (8)

Layla

After I exit Aiden's house a realisation hits me, I have no car. I pull my phone out of my back pocket and see masses of texts from dad, badly spelt, begging me to come home. Normal people would have looked at these and felt....something. I feel nothing, absolutely nothing. 

I'm a horrible person.

 Sighing I take a few steps, preparing to walk, the sun is beating down harshly and I can already feel the sweat gathering. 

"Layla! Please wait! I'll drive you!" I turn and look up to see him hanging out the window, a gentle breeze whispering through his hair and a frown engraved into his face. I nod slowly, not necessarily wanting to walk all that way in the blistering heat. His voice makes my heart flutter in confusing leaps, I hate it. I can't like him. I'll ruin him.

A few seconds later the garage door slides open revealing him looking agitated and ...sad?  He wheels out a sleek black motorbike with 2 helmets hanging from the handles. It's gorgeous. I circle it slowly, admiring. I hold out my perfectly manicured hand for a helmet and receive a plain black one. Boring.

I stroll into the garage and freeze. The wall is packed with shelves lined with helmets. They are all feminine and pretty. One in particular catches my eye, a shiny black one with purple skulls and flowers. I move towards it and take it in my hands, for it to be ripped away. 

"What the hell!?" I ask,

"Sorry, but please. Please, don't touch these." His voice is quiet and dark. The emotions in his eyes takes my breath away, maybe I didn't imagine his uttered words earlier. Maybe I'm not the only one in the dark struggling to get out. 

"Ook," I whisper, he puts the helmet back and pulls me out of the garage, pressing a button on his keys to shut it. I take the plain helmet and look over at my home sadly.

What happened to my loving dad? What happened to make him turn into this crazy prick? Did he know about Kevin?

Just then my front door opens and dad staggers out, "COME HOME! PLEASE! LAYLA I'M SORRY" He shouts tears streaming down his face.

I shake my head and begin to put the helmet on, his face reddens,  "COME HOME NOW YOU DIRTY BITCH! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A DIRTY SLAG! SLEEPING WITH EVERY GUY WHO GIVES YOU ATTENTION!" His words hit home and my chest tightens, my vision goes blurry and my heart crashes against my ribs. I can't breathe. 

It's not dad's voice anymore.

Look at you, you're disgusting. Dirty bitch is what you are, a dirty, disgusting slag. You're never going to get away from me, you little tease. You wanted me to do this. YOU WANTED THIS.

"Layla, listen to my voice, he isn't here. It's just me. I'm here." And yet again Aidens husky heavenly voice brings me out of my void, making my icy heart beat at its usual rhythm. 

"Look at you," I say bitterly, staring at my so called father, "Does it make you feel like a man, huh? Using your daughters worst memories to hurt her? Do you think it will ring mum back? It won't. Pull your head out your ass and start being a father." 

I tighten my helmet and swing my leg over the bike shifting all the way back to make room for Aiden.

"You are seriously disgusting." Aiden spits at dad, swinging onto the bike, but he doesn't start the engine.

"Layla, you have to move forward and put your arms around me," my heart picks up, oh you have to be kidding.I shuffle forward and wrap my arms loosely around his taunt torso, and ignore the feelings I get from touching him.

He still doesn't start the bike.

"Er, Aiden?" I say, 

"Oh, right. Sorry." The bike suddenly comes to life beneath me, starting with a violent purr and Aiden immediately speeds off, i tighten my grip and giggle uncharacteristically.

The wind is whipping my hair, causing it to swirl in an untamed hurricane and my eyes water.  

I love it.

The feeling of being free, it's like I'm flying.

Trees, signs, cars and beautiful stretches of land overflowing with gorgeous flowers, all shapes and colours, zoom past in a blur. 

All of my worries and memories zip away in the wind and an unusual grin stretches my face. I rest my head on Aidens back and feel him shiver slightly.

Sighing I close my eyes, since when did my life get so complicated? 

My easy, numb bubble I usually live in has been popped and pain that I once blocked out has rushed back in uncontrollable waves destroying everything in its wake. 

I savour the feeling o the warmth radiating from Aiden's back, I can feel his heart hammering harshly. Is that because of me?

Why did he get so touche' about the helmets? There a bit girly, does he dress as a woman? Is it something more?

Why is he still here after everything? Most people would have ran a mile by now. Yet here I am, with him helping me and me pushing, pushing him away. The only thing I know how to do. 

I breathe in his musky scent and rub my cheek on his back, I need him yet I don't want to hurt him. In so little time he as changed me so much. 

I can't let that happen.

I have one more chance to build my walls, to protect him. 

I sit up straight, shuffling back a bit.

I'm more determined than ever.

Huhhhh, back to being a bitch I suppose.