1

Devyn's P.O.V

"Hurry up Devyn!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming, oh my goodness!" I yelled.

I looked in the mirror at my dark eyes and brown curly hair. I wondered if I was pretty. No boy or man had ever told me.

I ran downstairs before my mother had a fit.

"Devyn sweetheart it's time you started taking responsibility and wake up on time." Mom said as I bit on my bottom lip.

"I'm sorry mom I'm not necessarily excited to be going to a new school and all." I said distraught.

"Listen baby, you'll be fine okay, I promise." Mom said kissing my forehead

"Now get in the car time's running out, and by the looks of your schedule your teacher happens to be an old friend of mine." She said

"Really? Does he know I'm your daughter?" I asked amused.

"No I haven't spoken to him in a while." She said smiling as if she was reminiscing.

"Well come on baby we don't want to be late for your first day of 8th grade." She said

-

I walked into the huge school before me.

I walked into the main office.

"Excuse me? I was just looking for room 15, I'm new here and need help with my schedule." I said feeling a bit queasy and nervous.

"No problem honey, it's all the way down first room on your left." The lady said.

I ended up at room 15. It took me a while to realize I was about to walk into a whole new life. Different school, kids, teachers, relationships.

"Hello there!" Mr.Matthews said.

"Hi, I'm-".

"Devyn Moore?" Mr.Matthews asked.

"Yeah how'd you know?" I asked laughing nervously.

"I'm a psychic, nah just kidding they sent me an email this morning, have a seat Ms.Moore." He said gesturing to a seat next to a girl with dimples and long brown hair.

The girl happened to be staring at me and smiling.

"Riley stop staring you're being creepy again." A girl with long blonde hair said.

"I can't help it Maya, you know how I get when new students come!" She said practically squealing.

"Okay Riles calm down, sorry about her she's just you know stuck in Rileytown." Maya said chuckling then glaring at Riley.

"Hi, Devyn, I'm Riley and this is my best friend Maya." She said.

"Nice to meet you both." I said as I stared at the ground.

"You should with us at lunch." Riley said cheesing.

"Thanks." I smiled.