6

The next two weeks were a complete disaster my mom was making me feel completely miserable.

Did she have to make a big deal about everything?

She's been on my case and hasn't left me alone.

"I'm sick and tired of it Maya." I said as me and Maya sat in the school parking lot.

"I understand how you feel but if you really want to know your dad you need to push harder." Maya said looking at me with determination in her eyes.

"I'm tired of waiting for this big moment, I just want a dad, my dad." I said not realizing a tear had slipped from my eye.

"You'll be alright Dev." Maya said giving me a hug.

-

If I wanted to know my dad I had to dig deeper to know.

My mom hadn't been home so I decided to do some snooping.

Sneaking into my mom's room I looked through drawers and shelves until I came across one thing.

A red year book that said John Adams High Class Of '00

I looked through the pages and found old photos of my mom with a group of friends, under it said Cory, Topanga,.Angela, and Shawn.

"Shawn?" I questioned out loud I had remembered that he went to my mom's high school.

I smiled at the photo but quickly closed it when I realized my mom had just entered the driveway.

I closed to book and took it with me.

Maybe there was more I could learn from it.