12

Sitting in my bedroom, I knew what was to come. I hadn't seen my dad in over a month.

We took things to court but they had said that it wasn't worth fighting. My mother has sole custody of me and there's nothing I can do.

What did I do wrong? My mom used to love me and I love her but what happened?

I had the urge to ask my mom what had happened and what I had done.

As I walked down the hallway. I heard noise two people yelling at each other.

I snuck to see who it was and it was my mom and dad. I was ready to run into my dad's arms but I knew I couldn't. It was seen as the best option by the judge, so that we don't get too attached, but it was already too late.

"Angela, please I know you hate me but please let me see my daughter." Dad said running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Shawn I don't want to hear it, you know what the judge said, I don't want you near my daughter!"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?!" Dad yelled

"Beacause I was scared that you'd want to leave me and you were already leaving for college."

I had seen my dad cry but I had never seen him break down.

"But my baby." He managed to croak out. Mom rolled her eyes at him.

Tears fell from his eyes.

"At least let me get to know her more, I don't have anybody." He said.

This is when I began to cry. I felt terrible I had never seen someone so sad and broken.

It was like I wasn't in control of my own body. I ran down the stairs with a tear stained face.

"Devyn go hack upstairs!" My mom yelled.

"No!" I yelled.

I went to my dad without thought and I held his face with my hands and wiped his tears.

"I love you so much, you are not alone you have me forever." I said.

He hugged me tightly and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I want to stay with you." I said as tears fell from my eyes.

"You can." My mom said from behind.

"I'll be gone for a few weeks and I think you might as well stay with your dad." She said. I gave her a small hug and she kissed my forehead

"Thank you Angela." Dad said.