4

I walked back into class the next day feeling completely embarrased.

"Hey, Devyn I'm really sorry about yesterday I didn't mean to upset you." Farkle said with sadness in his voice.

"It's okay you didn't know, I shouldn't have walked away like that, I'm sorry." I said staring at the ground.

"Don't blame yourself." Maya said as she sat next to me.

"Besides, I know how you feel not having a dad is pretty rough." Maya said she fiddled with her pen.

"If you ever need to talk we're here for you." Riley said as the others smiled and agreed.

"Thank you." I said whole heartedly.

-

"Devyn, you've gotta come over this is the best night ever, it's family game night everyone comes." Riley said as she jumped up in the air with excitement.

"I don't really know my mom-" before I could finish Maya cut me off.

"Think about you for once, tell her you want some time for friends and things."

"Fine." I said finally giving in.

I pulled out my phone to call my mom.

D: mom is it okay if I stay over at the Matthews for family game night?

M: No! No! You can't! Come home right now.

D: Okay I'm coming.

I sighed feeling anger and sadness at the same time. Why was she all of a sudden so agitated.

"Guys I'm sorry I gotta head home, maybe next time?" I said.

"Why what's wrong?" Lucas asked.

"I'm not sure but I've got to go thank you for the invite guys" I said waving goodbye.

They all waved goodbye in sadness.

What's mom's problem and what did I do wrong now.