7

Walking through Central park I breathed in the fresh air hoping to calm down.

As if it wasn't enough torture already my mom was still on my case. My grades were slipping a bit. Mr.Matthews even came over and spoke to my mom about my grades.

Then again I also remember talking about something other than grades.

Something that I wasn't allowed to hear about and they both sounded distraught and upset especially Mr . Matthews.

"Devyn?" I heard someone say which interrupted my thoughts.

"Hi Shawn." I happily waved.

He sat down next to me on the bench.

"What's been going on with you?" He asked

"Nothing much except my mom has been on my case again, I just wish I had a cool parent you know?" I said playing around with my Keychain

"Hey kiddo at least you have a mom, my mom was never there and I barely got to see her not to mention my dad who was also absent alot." Shawn said his eyes filled with sadness.

"If I had a kid, I would never treat them like that, I would love them with all the love I have to give and I'd make sure they had everything they need." He said playing with the zipper of his sweater.

I hugged Shawn, and wanted to cry but I didn't. He hugged me back tightly and said

"Everything will be okay."

-

After coming home I had remembered something I forgot to tell Shawn, that he was in my mother's yearbook.

I dawned on me for a long time until I soon fell asleep.