2

Devyn's P.O.V

As I sat down at lunch I stared around at my surroundings. I felt as though I didn't fit in. Probably cause I didn't.

"Devyn! There you are we've been looking for you!" She said as she sat down next to me along with Maya and two other boys.

"Sorry I guess I just wanted to sit alone." I said quietly.

"What happened I mean did we..offend you?" Riley asked with a look of confusion.

I could already tell she took what I said out of context.

"No its just that I'm new here and I'm nervous I don't really know anyone."

"Well then lets make you not nervous, let's do this over." Riley said.

"I'm Riley, this is my rebellious best friend Maya, and this is Lucas and Farkle." She said pointing to the last boy with a quiff and dark blue eyes.

"Farkle?" I asked.

"Yep, but it gets better its Farkle Minkus." Farkle said nodding with pride to his name.

"Yeah you can't wear it out" Lucas said as he chuckled.

"Anyways come to a small coffee shop with us after school today!" Maya said as she laid her feet on the lunchroom table.

"I can't guys I'm sorry my mom comes home from work late and I have to cook dinner before she gets back and plus I've got homework and stuff you know so sorry!" I said as I tucked my dark curly hair behind my ear.

"Well can't your dad help or something?" Farkle asked.

Immediately my face became red and felt flushed.

"My dad um, I have to go!" I said grabbing my books and storming out the lunchroom. I don't even remember looking back but I could hear Maya scolding Farkle for asking about my dad.

Here's the thing, I don't have a dad.