Chapter 14

I heard the doorbell ring and raced across the newly polished wooden floor. My paws slipping and sliding and coming out from underneath me at least four times. I turned a corner, panting heavily with my tongue hanging out the side of my mouth, and slid yet again, crashing into the storeroom and hearing the vacuum clatter to the floor. Whoops. I picked myself up and slowly started sprinting toward the door, it was in sight and I slowed down... a little too late and collided headlong into the door.  

"Sandy, what are you doing you silly girl" I open my eyes and see Louise staring down at me from above. I realise that I'm upside down and start squirming until I'm safely back on my feet again. Louise just laughs at me, I must be really funny. I quickly forget about her and start scratching at the door, whining. She opens it to reveal Jackie and in her arms is Daisy. 

"Louise, hi, how are you?" Jackie says, Daisy notices me and starts squirming in Jackie's grip while I jump up from the floor and try to reach her. 

"I'm good how are you" Louise replies, I'm getting very annoyed at this formal greeting 

"Good, good" Jackie exclaims "listen this will have to be quick we have to run we're about to miss our flight, but I've got all of Daisy's stuff in the car and" She turns around and Ashton appears carrying all of Daisy's supplies "Oh thanks Ashton" she turns back to Louise and smiles "where should we put it all?" Louise beckons them both in 

"Come on in you can put it in the lounge room. Do you need a hand with that?" She asks closing the door behind them. 

Ashton just shakes his head "No I'm alright, thanks though" he smiles. Louise leads everyone into the lounge room where Josie and Alsono were playing a video game. Josie turns around and starts screaming in excitement. Everyone recoils in shock and Daisy starts whining and squirming. Jackie puts her down and then she starts running wild around the room, with me not too far behind her, barking like it's the last thing I'll do. Jo comes in looking flustered and her face just makes an O and she quickly hurries over to the door ushering us out. We race toward it on the slippery floor, in front of me on of Daisy's paws comes out from underneath her and she crashes to the floor. I'm unable to stop in time and run straight into her, just as she tries to stand back up. We slide a couple of meters as a  barking mess of heads and paws and come to a stop at the base of the built-in dog flap, that Roo put in. I bark and stand up, I look and see that Daisy has found her way back to her feet as well. Good, I lead the way and jump up to the dog flap and at the last second, I realised that it's locked. I hit the plastic door hard, and rebound off it into an unsuspecting Daisy, who'd been ready to follow me out. We fall back onto the floor, much to Josie's delight as I hear her collapse into a fit of giggles. I manage climbing back onto my feet and flick my ear inside out in disappointment. Daisy looks at me accusingly and casually walks out the door that Jo was holding open, I follow her a little more clumsily sliding a little bit, but I make it to the door in one piece. I race down the steps following Daisy, I put my nose to the ground and spot a squirrel not far away. I sprint after it barking at Daisy to back me up. The squirrel looks at me displeased at the fact that I was still chasing them after being completely unsuccessful at catching any squirrels.  The distance between us shortens, I'm closing in on him, I can hear Daisy panting behind me, but my sole focus is on every movement the squirrel makes.

10 meters, I'm pounding on forward and the squirrel is still standing there clutching his nut that he must have found

7 meters, I'm getting close.

6 meters I might actually catch him this time.

4

3

2 I  watch as I close in on him seeing his size grow as I got closer.

1 meter and he turns around and starts scampering away, I start snapping at his little brown backside that is so close but still not within reach, we reach the base of a tree and he swiftly climbs up the side of it leaving Daisy and I barking and jumping up at him. He looks down at us still holding his nut, I don't how he managed to climb up a tree carrying it. He chatters for a second and I see another squirrel appear beside him, making me intensify my barks. More squirrels appear holding nuts. Daisy and I don't know what they're planning until it's too late. The original squirrel chatters something to his friends, then he raised his fluffy, little arm and pegged the nut at us. It hit Daisy square in the nose and she rolled over showing her pale belly and covering her nose with her paws, if dogs could laugh, I would be having a fit of laughter that would probably kill me. I didn't realise that all the other squirrels were about to start throwing their nut at us until one hit me between the eyes, making me go cross-eyed. I bring my paw up to my eye, only for another nut to hit me on my back. I jump up into the air in fright and skitter away from the army of dangerous squirrels, I can still hear Daisy barking at them, I don't think she noticed that I ran away. Once I was clear of the squirrels, I turn around to see that Daisy is getting nutted. The squirrels don't seem to ever run out of nuts and they just keep throwing them down onto Daisy. I bark at her to let her know that I had run off. She must of heard because a second later she turned and bolted over to me. We look at each other and ran off back inside the house, right into Jackie's arms. She scoops up Daisy and starts petting her

"Goodbye Daisy" She says "I'll see you in a week, be good for Jo, ok, and don't be mean to Sandy" She gives Daisy a kiss on her head and gently places her on the ground, the Jo walks her and Ashton back to the door and closes it behind them. I decide to give Daisy a tour of the house we start in the kitchen and then move on to the living room, I show her my spot on the couch so that she won't sit there. Then we go into Josie's room, then Toby's, before moving on to Alsono's bedroom then Louise's where I jumped up onto her bed and snuggled next to her pillow as Daisy crawled up next to me. I closed my eyes and let the darkness take over as I slowly drifted to sleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry that I haven't updated in ages, I've been very busy, but I hope that this chapter is good and makes up for the long amount of waiting that I'm sure you all did. I also want to dedicate this chapter to EmilyGlammergirl1  who came up with the idea that Daisy has a doggie sleepover.

Thanks

LeaLa xx