Chapter 16: World Of Make Believe

Hey!

Long time no see, so I’m not sure if you need a small recap of everything that happened so far in Mountain River Girl, if not, you can skip this part and just start reading this chapter. I won’t blame you if you need this little recap though, because I know that it has been a really – REALLY – long time since I last uploaded anything for Mountain River Girl. I’m very sorry for the long wait, and I hope to make it up to you by uploading a rather lengthy chapter and a promise that I’ll do my best to give you more regular uploads.

So, here goes…

In the beginning of the story, Seda and Kieran meet. He was a complete stranger to her, but hinted that he knew things about her that even she didn’t know – who her parents were, to give you an example. Seda starts searching for clues at home, and one day, follows her adoptive parents to one of their mystery meetings. She overhears a group of people discuss her fate, as if she’s nothing more than an object without feelings, something you can toss away when it’s no longer of use to you. Shocked at the news that they want to send her off to some stranger who might want to kill her, Seda runs away. Lost in the turmoil of her thoughts and emotions, she ends up hurt after a hit and run, whereupon Kieran finds her and takes her to his home. There, Seda finally meets her biological father, learns her mother died shortly after giving birth to Seda. Because she feels as if her presence might endanger Kieran’s family, and her real dad, Seda decides to sneak off into the night. She doesn’t want to burden them with her problems. However, even after the awkwardness that followed their kiss, Kieran finds Seda. They receive word that Trudy wants to speak to Seda, so they return to Don’s place to hear what Trudy has to say. The last chapter ended when Trudy learns that Seda already knows about the lies.

Oh, and maybe I should also use this opportunity to refresh your memory on who the characters are in this chapter. I hope you remember Seda Evers (formerly Winston) and Kieran Whyte. Then there’s Donovan ‘Don’ Evers, he is Seda’s biological father. Eric Whyte is the brother of Kieran’s father Alex Whyte,which makes him Kieran’s uncle. In this chapter, you’ll also find Jonathan Sawyer and Maverick Sawyer, two loyal friends to Don and Alex, and most of the times they’re referred to as “The Twins”. Of course Trudy Winston is present as well. She is the adoptive mother of Seda and is married to Jackson Winston.

Happy reading! 

- Vicky

---------------------------------------------------------------  

WORLD OF MAKE BELIEVE

“Why? Why did you lie to me?” My voice wavered, giving away the hurt caused by Trudy’s betrayal. “All those years… you lied to me. You told me you didn’t know. I trusted you, and still you lied!”

“Seda, I didn’t mean to. You have to –“

Caught up in my emotions, I let go of Kieran and moved a step closer to Trudy.

“You made me call you Mom and Dad, while all along, you knew very well where my real parents were. How could you? Did you really hate me so much that you felt it justified to lie to me like that? Everything has…” I had trouble focusing on the words I wanted to say when a dizzy spell caught me out of nowhere. I blinked several times, hoping for it to pass quickly – which it did. The dizziness disappeared as soon as it had come.

Hoping that no one picked up on my hesitation, I picked up where I left off. “The things I overheard at The Hall… Everything has been a lie! My entire life has been nothing but –“

The words on my lips died once again when another wave of dizziness hit me. This one was worse than the previous one. As the room spun, I swayed on my feet and I was pretty certain I would topple over. However, as I braced myself to experience the floor tiles from up close, Don’s strong grip on my shoulder prevented that from happening.