; prologue

As the bell for lunch rang, Peter Parker shot up from his seat in his history class. He practically ran out of the room and quickly went to his locker. He was excited to use his camera for the first time in his sophomore year of high school.

        Peter was already a couple of weeks into his sophomore year and he finally decided to take pictures again, since he wanted to settle into his classes and feel comfortable with them first.

        When Peter reached his locker, he spun in his combination with ease and opened the locker. He located his camera, took it out and slammed the small grey metal door shut before walking down the hallway.

        Peter looked around; he saw posters and pictures of clubs on the wall and students hurrying to the lunch room get in line for lunch. Peter usually didn't eat lunch, he just waited until he got hone and ate whatever Aunt May made. As Peter kept wandering around he couldn't find anything he wanted to take a picture of — he wanted to find something that caught his eye.

        After a few more moments of searching, Peter's stomach growled and he gave up. Maybe I should eat lunch today, he sighed mentally as he turned around and started to head towards the drama/dance room. Peter had to pass that room to go to the lunch room. As he passed by the room, he discreetly took a look inside.

        Maybe there was something interesting there and then he didn't have to go to the overcrowded, messy, loud, lunch room.

        When he took a look inside, he saw the blonde drama teacher, Miss Almond, sitting in front of a group of students that were in sitting in a circle.

        Peter scanned the students with his eyes; he recognized some of then since he saw them in the hallways, but he froze when his eyes landed on a certain girl.

        He never saw her around, maybe he she was a new girl. She was a brunette, with long hair that reached to her stomach. Since there was light coming from open windows, illuminating the room, the sunlight made her eyes shine and Peter saw that her eyes were a light brown. Even though he was standing a little far away, he noticed that.

        She was wearing a silk-looking white dress, sitting down with her legs crossed under her. She had her fingers up to her lips and her face held the most boring expression as she watched Miss Almond speak.

        Even with her I-don't-want-to-be-here expression, Peter couldn't help but stare in awe. To him, she was so pretty, so innocent, so pure.

        "Zoey," Miss Almond drew her attention to the girl, the girl raised her eyebrows. "You'll try to share tomorrow alright?" The girl nodded silently, moving her hand from her face, down to her lap.

        So that is her name, Peter thought. Z-O-E-Y, so simple yet so beautiful, just like her.

        After Miss Almond finished talking to Zoey, she turned to talk to another student. Zoey brought her fingers back up to her lips and turned her attention to something on the wall. Peter quickly took the opportunity and picked up the camera that was hanging around his neck.

        Peter looked through the camera viewfinder and tried to keep his hands still so that the picture he took of Zoey wouldn't turn out blurry. He discreetly took a picture, then Zoey turned her head to the left and ran her hand through her long hair. Peter took another picture. Zoey kept turning her head, looking around the room; to Peter, it felt like she was modeling just for him.

        Peter kept taking pictures until Zoey turned her head one more time, and looked straight at Peter.

        Peter silently gasped before jumping away from the doorway and leaning against a wall of lockers. He breathed heavily as he closed his eyes. That was close...Peter thought. He definitely didn't want her catch him taking photographs of her like a stalker.

        After a few moments of trying to calm down, Peter then shook his head and started walking down to hallway to go sit outside. He wanted find more things to take pictures of, even though he still wanted to capture more images of Zoey.

        All he was thinking about for the rest of that day, was how he was going to find out who Zoey from drama club was.

next chapter coming soon!