; fourteen

Z O E E

        Zoee is standing next to a classmate, Cindy Moon, watching her paint a banner when Flash yells, "Rejected!"

        A basketball rolls over and suddenly knocks over Cindy's pail of blue paint all over the yellow banner. "You did that on purpose, Flash!"

        "No, but I should've." The popular bully snaps back. "You better watch your back." He glares at the girl before moving his eyes towards the Atkins girl. He raises his eyebrows and opens his arms, almost challenging her. Zoee glares daggers back at him before rolling her eyes and quickly bending down to help the Moon girl clean up the mess he created. 

        She picks up the pail when Peter approaches them, grabbing the pail from her. He greets her by kissing her temple and smiles politely at Cindy with a simple, "Hey."

        The bouncing of the basketball sounds louder and louder by the second and Zoee turns to find the ball heading towards her direction. She flinches and moves her hands up to catch the ball when Peter is quick to react. Without even looking back, he leans and catches the ball with his right hand. Zoee is left astonished and looks at him with wide eyes. 

        She knows that Peter isn't the most athletic guy and his reflexes aren't the best, so this is a surprise for her. She wonders what happened at the Oscorp tower and if he touched some sort of chemical that enhanced his senses or something. 

        Zoee gets lost in thought while staring at the Parker boy as Flash speaks up again. She snaps out of it and crosses her arms across her chest in a defensive manner as Eugene approaches Peter. "Give it up, Parker." He demands, motioning to the basketball in his hands. 

        "One sec," Peter says cooly, handing Cindy his camera and winking at Zoee before turning to Flash. Zoee blushes profusely at his action and bites her lip as she watches the scene play out in front of her. 

        "Why don't you take it from me?" Peter challenges the bully and Zoee is surprised but proud that he's able to stand up to him after the incident at the outside school lunch area. Flash laughs, his dimples showing. "Go ahead. Take it."

        In the middle of the gym, Peter and Flash face off. Flash steps forward and uses his arm to try to take the ball when Peter is quick to react. He moves the ball behind him to his other hand, not allowing Flash to take the ball. They keep going back and forth, Peter taunting and embarrassing Eugene. He even throws the ball at his back when Flash is turned. 

        "Just take it." Peter gives in, Zoee thinking that he was probably done humiliating the Thompson boy. Boy, is she wrong. "All right, how about this? All right? How about that?" Peter covers his eyes with his left hand with his arm outstretched with the basketball in his palm. He then peeks through his fingers to see Flash's reaction. 

        Zoee can see that Flash has had enough and she fears the following actions that both he and Peter might take. It might result in another fight and she doesn't want to intervene again. The back of her head slightly throbs at the thought.

        Flash moves forward to grab the ball and when he pulls to take the ball away from Peter, the basketball does not budge. He even grabs it with both hands but it seems the ball is literally stuck on Peter's hand. The rest of the basketball team starts to complain when Flash starts to step back, done with Peter's actions.

        Zoee is watching the scene unfold from afar, biting at her fingernails nervously and anxiously.

        The Parker boy starts dribbling the ball in place when Flash starts yelling again. "All right, bring it! Come on, Parker! Come on!"

        Peter charges forward with the ball, pushing Flash forcefully out of the way and jumping to slam dunk the ball. For Zoee, it's like time has stopped when Peter flies towards the net and makes the shot, shattering the backboard and landing with the net in hand. The glass seems to flutter down to the ground and it glistens when the light from outside hits it through the window. The cheer squad screams and falls from it's high formation. 

        Zoee jumps back with a hand to her mouth before rushing to Peter to check for any cuts or injuries. The glass crunches under her sneakers but she doesn't care as she helps Peter stand up.

P E T E R

        Peter got talked to by Uncle Ben as he came from work to see the principal regarding the broken backboard. He mentioned to Peter to pick up his aunt since he had to switch shifts and he wouldn't be able to do so. It went into Peter's ear and out the other as Ben mentioned: "the girl on his computer" aka, Gwen Stacy.

        The hairs on the back of his beck lifted as he glanced back and saw Gwen Stacy watching them from afar. He quickly shook his head, wanting his uncle to stop talking when he raises his voice and calls out to Gwen, saying that Peter indeed does have the blonde on his computer home screen. He then jokes, saying he's Peter's probation officer before reminding him of Aunt May and leaving. 

        Peter rubs the back of his neck and laughs nervously as he turns to face the Stacy girl. "He's a character." He starts, referring to Uncle Ben that is far away about to leave. "That's my uncle. He's a pathological liar. He thought you were someone else."

        At the latter, his mind drifts off to Zoee who he has her picture from when he first saw her pinned up on his bulletin board above his desk. 

        "Oh man," Gwen sighs dramatically. "You don't have me on your computer?"

        Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a figure standing around the corner, peeking their head out, watching them. He immediately recognizes the person as Zoee and a smile starts to form. He smiles at Gwen instead of turning to look at the Atkins girl.

        He knows there's something bigger behind his enhanced spider-like senses and he wants to keep Zoee as far away as possible at any cost. He doesn't want her to get caught up in anything having to do with that so that she won't get experimented on as well or killed. So he decides to come up with a plan to push Zoee away instead of letting her know about his situation. 

        Peter keeps the conversation with Gwen going, shamelessly flirting with her. She does the same back as they stare bashfully at each other. In a comfortable silence between them, Peter decides to ask her out in his own, awkward way. She agrees and when she walks away, Peter stares at her disappearing form with a smile on his face.

        Zoee is indeed the number one girl in his life and he likes her so much, but he can't help the feelings that are rushing back for the Stacy girl. His feelings for Zoee are stronger but for his plan, he's going to have to allow his strong crush for the blonde to form again.

Z O E E

        The back of her eyes and throat burn at Zoee's hardest attempt to keep her tears in. No one is around her so she could just let go and break down right then and there, but she wants to be strong and delete any bad thought from her brain like her therapist has been teaching her.  

        She felt her heart sink into her stomach when her crush asked out Gwen, knowing that know there is no possible way of him liking her back. She's hopeful though, that if he does start dating the Stacy girl that she will still be Peter's number one.

i can't stop forming ideas and writing!!! it's been a while but i'm back in the game guys