; three

P E T E R

        Peter impatiently taps his pencil on the empty desk next to his the next day as he waits for his chemistry teacher to walk in and start the class

        Peter impatiently taps his pencil on the empty desk next to his the next day as he waits for his chemistry teacher to walk in and start the class. Chemistry is Peter's favorite class and it's before his history class so if chemistry goes by quickly, so will history and lunch will arrive. Peter has been waiting since the day before to talk to Zoee again. Most people would get weirded out if they met someone that is mute, but in Peter's case, that didn't happen. Knowing that Zoee is mute intrigued Peter and attracted him more to Zoee; he still wanted to talk to her.

        The chemistry teacher, Mr. Jenkins, walks through the classroom door, catching most of his students' attention. He clears his throat for the rest of the teens who didn't notice his presence in the room. Those teens still don't pay attention so Mr. Jenkins announces, "Class, may I have your attention please."

        Finally, everyone was listening so Mr. Jenkins continued. "As you all may know, there have been some changes to some students' schedule in the school. Because of those changes, we are receiving a new student today."

        Peter perks up a bit and sits straighter in his seat, interested in who the new student is. Mr. Jenkins looks out the door and motions for someone to walk in with his hand. In walked the one and only Zoee Atkins. Peter perks up even more as his eyes widen and his jaw drops.

        "This is Zoee Atkins." says the dark skinned chemistry teacher. Mr. Jenkins looks around the room until his eyes land on Peter. Mr. Jenkins looks back at Zoee and points at Peter as Peter thinks about where Zoey is going to sit. He hopes it's close to his seat. "You can go on and sit next to Mr. Peter Parker." continues Mr. Jenkins.

        Peter's excitement dies down, his body slumping against his seat. He stays that way for a few moments until he realizes that he is Peter Parker. Peter sits straight up again as he raises his hand, locating where his is so that Zoee can find him. Mr. Jenkins nods at Zoee without saying anything before Zoee starts walking down to Peter, going through the rows of students. Zoee arrives at the empty seat next to Peter and places her bag on the desk before sitting down.

        Mr. Jenkins starts the class, talking about atoms, molecules, and ions, but his talking is a background sound as Peter stares at Zoee. He can't help himself and wonders how Zoee can distract him from his favorite class. Is it how she looks today? She is wearing a college sweatshirt that is a couple sizes too big on her with some blue jeans and black vans. Or is it the fact that Peter has chemistry with her and that might mean that he's going to share the rest of his classes with her? Peter doesn't know; maybe it's a combination of both or something totally different.

        Zoee feels something burning into the side of her face and looks to her left, finding Peter staring at her. She raises her eyebrows at him and Peter quickly snaps out of his trance when he notices and turns his head to look back at Mr. Jenkins.