; thirteen

P E T E R      

P E T E R      

         After the night of Peter experiencing spider-like symptoms and dealing with both the people in the subway and Aunt May with Uncle Ben, he eventually fell asleep. He suddenly woke up the next morning to the 7:00 am alarm, smashing the clock on his bedside table. 

        He went to his bathroom to brush his teeth but ended up squirting most of the toothpaste on the mirror, broke off the sink knob and one of the bathroom doorknobs. He carefully opened the other door and went out to his bedroom, sitting in his bed in a panic. His new extremely sharp senses heard every small noise in his room like the wind in his blinds. He even imagined seeing a spider crawling on his skateboard collection on the wall. 

        To investigate his newfound symptoms, he went to his computer to search up spider bites and any similar side effects he is experiencing. While typing, some of the keyboard buttons came off and stuck on his fingertips. He couldn't find anything anyways so he decided to read his book by Doctor Connors to see if he wrote about being successful in cross-species genetics.

        Sitting on the balcony roof, he read the book and looked over the formula file, dangling his leg over the edge.

        He is startled when a voice calls out to him. "Peter," He looks down and finds Uncle Ben and Zoee looking up at him from the sidewalk. "What are you doing?"

        Peter glances at the Atkins girl next to his uncle. She waves at him, the right corner of her lips lifting up slightly. He almost falls off the roof as he notices that. He sends back a wide grin before looking back at Uncle Ben.  "I'm uh, doing homework."

        "Be careful," Ben says before walking up the front steps to go inside. Zoee follows him. Peter looks at the back of the book he's investigating, looking at Dr. Connors' picture. He then collects everything and climbs back into his room through the window to quickly search up his home address and then go down to meet with Zoee. 

        Zoee is waiting for him at the bottom of the steps that lead to the second floor. Peter races down the stairs and envelops Zoee into a bear hug, hugging her super tight and smiling big. He kisses her forehead before looking down at her, his arms still around her smaller frame. The corner of her lips lift up again and Peter chuckles. "It's a start, I can't wait to see your full beautiful smile." He kisses her head again before pulling away.

        At his comment, Peter swears that the other corner of her lips started to lift up. He admired her for a few moments and almost got lost in just staring at her before he realized that he had to go.

        He shakes himself out of his loving trance before speaking again. "I have to go but I'll be right back. So stay here, I'll be quick." He scoops her up into another hug before rushing out the door. He glances back at her before he closes the door shut and he sees her face of confusion, wondering why he wasn't bringing her along with.