; twenty

Z O E E

        Fly me to the moon

        Fly me to the moon

        Let me play among the stars

        Let me see what spring is like on

        A-Jupiter and Mars

        In other words, hold my hand

        In other words, baby, kiss me

        These are the lyrics that Zoee mouths as she listens to the song on Youtube with her earbuds. She does this as she helps the school librarian stamp the back of the library books and put them on a cart to put back on their rightful places on the bookshelves. She has gotten into the habit of going to the library during her free track to help maintain the library, her favorite place in the whole school. 

        She would usually be reading out in the school courtyard during her free period but she has read her few books over and over again, so she wants to take a break from them so that she won't get sick of reading them. The elderly librarian hands her books that have been stamped as he listens to his own music with giant headphones. Zoee is listening to Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra, an artist she has gotten obsessed with lately.

        Zoee starts to sway from side to side to the music, making her cheap earbuds slip out and fall to the ground. She bends down to pick them up, unbeknownst to the fight happening behind her. As soon as she bends over, a table from behind her gets thrown to her direction, Spider-Man quickly flinging the table back to the Lizard who threw it. 

        A loud crash startles the Atkins girl, making her head quickly turn towards the noise. She gasps loudly at the scene before her; Spider-Man fighting the giant lizard monster. Zoee heard of the giant monster roaming around the city but she never saw it in person. She scrambles up from the position on the floor and rushes to the librarian. To avoid scaring the man, she leads him out of the library, making sure his headphones are still on. Another thundering sound frightens Zoee and she glances back to see Spider-Man on the floor surrounded by books, a large hole in the bookshelf where he was thrown into. 

        When Zoee and the librarian are far enough to be safe, the Atkins girl removes the headphones from his head. "Mr. Lieber," She whispers, grabbing his wrinkly hand and walking with him to get him out of the school as soon as possible. "The school is under attack, we need to get out fast!"

        "Thank you Zoee." He nods gratefully then speaks more to himself. "Such a sweet girl."

        Zoee smiles big at his comment, her cheeks growing red. They are about to cross another hallway to finally leave the school when Zoee hears footsteps. She stops Mr. Lieber to look around the corner to see if they're safe to cross. She finds Spider-Man walking away without his mask on. Zoee can only see the back of his head and very familiar strands of chocolate brown hair. As if Spider-Man senses her looking, he turns to look back at Zoee. Their eyes meet for a split second and she quickly moves to hide behind the corner with her hand tightly against her mouth to avoid making any sound of surprise.