; twelve

P E T E R

        Knock! Knock! Knock!

        Peter Parker has been knocking on Zoee Atkins' front door for the past five minutes with no reply. He has begun to feel frustrated as he knows the Atkins girl is home at noon. He is also frustrated at the fact that the neighbor's doors from the hallway keep opening since they think their door is being knocked. This has caused Peter to have to quickly explain that he was not knocking on their door.

        Peter raises his fisted hand to knock at the wood again when the door abruptly opens. "Finally!" Peter breathes out exasperatedly. His straight face starts to lift up as he sees the state Zoee's in. 

        The seventeen-year-old girl has half of her brown hair brushed while the other half is frizzy with a hairbrush stuck between the strands. Zoee glares up at the eighteen-year-old and narrows her eyes, even more, when he fails to hide his growing smile. Zoee looks up at her hair condition at the moment and rolls her eyes before pulling the Parker boy into her small apartment. 

        "I'm guessing you just woke up?" Peter comments as he walks in and closes the door behind him. He notices Zoee clad in long pajama pants and an old giant college tee. Even in her comfy and tired state, Peter thinks she looks nice. In this way, she looks and acts more relaxed and carefree. Peter likes to think that she acts this way just around him, not alone at her own apartment but again, he isn't too sure. 

        Zoee nods at his question, sitting down on the couch in front of a small mirror where Peter guesses she was brushing out the knots in her hair. She resumes what she was doing before she was interrupted by Peter but struggles to move the brush through the strands of her hair. Peter wordlessly moves over to the couch to stand behind her. He grabs her hand softly and moves them away to grab at the brush and slowly pull it out. 

        He starts to detangle her hair with his fingers softly before using the brush to finish removing any knots. Zoee relaxes and leans into his touch, closing her eyes and sinking into the couch. 

        As Peter was finishing, he spoke up. "I want you to come to the Oscorp tower with me."

        He took Zoee's sudden lift of the head as a sign that she was paying attention and listening. He walked around the couch to sit next to her, placing the brush on the small coffee table in front of them. She looked at him intently with raised eyebrows and slightly wide eyes.

        Zoee already knew how Peter's parents left him when he was young and that he has been raised by Aunt May and Uncle Ben ever since. Because of this, Peter didn't need to start from the very beginning, so he started from how he found his father's old briefcase in the basement. From there he finally went on about the file he found with a secret formula and picture of his father with Curt Connors. Finally, he finished the story by saying that he wants to find the doctor that worked with his father for answers.