Chapter 14: Derrick

"Derrick!" cried Rogan. He jumped onto his feet and ran to his brother. Derrick was embraced with a big hug. 

He was looked surprised for a few seconds then returned the hug.

"I was so worried about you," said Rogan, "We hadn't heard from you in days, and after the lightning strike I feared the worst."

"Don't need to worry about me," said Derrick with a  smile, "But I did find out somthing about the enemy, something that might be ver helpful."

"Oh really," said Rogan with a raised eyebrow.

I smiled and started to walk over to them. If your wondering what Derrick actually looks like, he has brown hair that lays flat on his head and he has blue eyes, but they were a very dark blue, almost black. 

"Who's this," said Derrick with a raised eyebrow, both brothers seemed to use that expression.

"This is Derrick," said Rogan with a smile, "Same name and just as interesting as the original one."

I laughed, "Pleased to meet you, Derrick. I've heard a lot about you."

"He also has a dragon, and the flame blades Ignite and Raze," said Rogan.

Derrick stopped still for a second and his eyes narrowed, "Really?"

"Yep," said Rogan with a smile.

"May I see them?" asked Derrick.

"Sure," I replied.

I summoned both the swords to my hand. They appeared in a swirling mass of flames. Derrick looked at them with studieing eyes. He looked back at me, right into my eyes. I stared back, although his gaze was quite intimadating, I knew he was only like that because of the amount of time he spent alone. 

I felt him probing at my mind, I strenghtened my shield. He didn't even flinch from the fire shield surrounding it, but he did pull away. 

"You are very interesting," said Derrick, "May I see your dragon?"

'Hey Reflamen, I've got someone here that wants to meet you,' I said.

'Oh come on! I've just got the hang of flying!' said Reflamen, 'Do I have to.'

'Yes,' I replied, 'Don't worry, Sophire will understand.'

'Okay,' said Reflamen. He started to fly over to us.

"He'll be here," I said.

Derrick nodded.

We stood there, waiting for Reflamen to land. I found myself starting to imagine, remembering how Derrick got his Forbidden Blade.

Derrick started to slowly crawl along the edge of the sand-coloured wall. It was along way to down, over a hundred metres, but what made it worse was that he couldn't stand up, in fear of being discovered by the hundreds of wild dragons flying around the temple. On one side of the wall, was a huge drop into the jungle, and on the other side was another drop into a pit full of sand. The only hint that there was something in the sand was when the sand slightly moved, and sometimes when the huge head of a mongolian death worm raised its ugly head.

So he had to slowly crawl along the wall, painfully slow. Derrick was not a patient person and like to get his missions done quickly and pricely, not slowly like he was doing now.

'What even am i doing here?' He asked himself.

He had seen the temple, and just went for it. He didn't even no why, but now he was regretting his decision, but now it was way to late to go back. So he continued the slow crawl along the wall, trying his best not to slip.