Chapter 32: Fighting With the Mind

We stared into the sky for a few more minutes, trying to get another glimse of the Hydra. When it didn't come back I slowly led Rena inside. 

'What is happening?' I thought, 'First hundreds of lightning bolts start raining down, mostly on me, and now a Hydra. Is my imagination affecting this world as well?'

'I don't think so,' replied Reflamen, 'I think that whatever's happening is being caused by someone else.'

'Who, the King?' I said, 'I doubt he even know's about this world, and he wouldn't be able to create a Hydra.'

Reflamen seemed to think for a moment, 'Then I don't know.'

I sighed and slumped down on the couch. The news was on and it seemed to be about strange weather patterens, or something of the sought. When my siblings saw me they ran up to me.

"Derrick!" yelled Jasmine, "You're alright! Why are you still in that hospital gown?"

I looked down and saw what I was wearing.

"Oh, woops, I better get dressed," I said smiling, "Hey, it's good to be home."

Jay smiled, "It's good to have you back, we've missed you."

"I know," I said.

I felt bad for them. Sometime tonight I'm going to be going back to Reflamen's world, in a way. I got up and went to get some propar clothes. When I got dressed I walked back inside. 

"They say it's going to rain today," said Regan, "So you better rug up."

I smiled and went back into my room and grabbed a jumper. As I walked out I daydreamed a bit, imagining some birds outside my window to get blown out, and then it started raining. The birds tried to fly but only succeeded in rolling backwards. They finally managed to get back into shelter and started to huddle against each other. 

I was snapped out of my daydream when Jay ran around the corner. 

"Hey," he said, "You wanna play castle crashers with us."

I looked over to the TV. It felt like forever since I had last played video games.

"Sure, why not," I said.

Jay smiled, "Come on then."

We played the game for the next few hours, until dinner, which was almost four hours. A few times I 'cheated' and used my imagination to through an enemy away from my character, or for some impossible move to be made by me, but I couldn't help it, it jsut happened.

"Okay guys, time to get off now, dinners ready," said my mum.

I put down the controller and logged off, then walked over to the dinner table. Dad switched the news on. We all said grace then pilled food onto our plates. I was starving, the food over at the Resistance was good and all, but over here the food was a lot better. We all ate in silence.

"And now over to Brunstown where we can get a closer look at the situation," said the lady on the news. 

My head instantly snapped to the TV. 

"Thank you Kelly," said the reporter, a man with brown hair and a mustache with a goatie,  "There had been lots of strange weather around Brunstown for the past couple of days. Lightning striking then stopping halfway down, high winds and some people have even reported seeing strange dragon like creatures in the clouds. Scientists have no idea what to even call this, but they are working to figure out what is happening. Brunstown isn't the only city being affected. All the surrounding towns and cities seem to be having lightning striking very commonly in different areas. So far, no one has died but if things keep going the way they are then people will most likely be killed. Advice, stay in doors until the storm clears, schools will be canceled until further notice. Back to you Kelly."