INTRODUCTION.

∘∘∘

          — WHAT HAVE WE BECOME? A growing population. The remnants of an earth once rich with utility. A brewing war. Around every corner, death loomed with a sinister grin on his lips.

          — MERE SHADOWS, STANDING ALONE. Never had the world fallen to a global conflict before. Each paroxysm of discord was quickly and obdurately diffused, but steadfast vendettas still remained visible. Almost like a failing marriage, the countries refused to speak. Until there was no choice.

          — IT'S INSIDE AND OUT. The realisation that the earth lacked what seemed sempiternal was sudden; all at once, fossil fuels were recognised as a dying source of energy. And all at once, greed and contention fell amongst the internecine world leaders. Too little resources, too many leeches.

          — THIS INCARCERATION IS TEARING ME DOWN. The only thing they could agree upon was a genocide. Distributed as a mandatory flu shot, a virus was released. Anybody who couldn't afford to seek medical care would be dead within days, an estimated 5 billion; a quarter of a destructive breed that was the human race.

          — AND OH, HAVE I BECOME A MERE SHADOW, STANDING ALONE. Every man, woman, and child were infected with the deadly virus. If one refused the vaccine, they'd be taken to prison and given it anyway. There was no escape from the military brigades that patrolled the streets and visited each and every house in the area. Unprecedented martial law had befallen America within days.

          — INSIDE I CRY OUT. The civil unrest and strict military rule were not long-lived. Those who had died due to the virus rose from their eternal slumber in minutes, ravenous mouths coated in the blood of the innocent. Quarantine zones were constructed, the military force had only become more aggressive, and humanity fought to survive amongst monsters of their own creation; undoubtedly, life below ground, in an untouched government-led facility, was much easier, in spite of the painful trials that betided those unaware of the chaos above ground.

          — SCREAMING, I MAKE NO SOUND. The oblivion would not last. The peace, the innocence, the humanity — it would die with the rest of the human race.

S T A R T E D : 07/16/16ACT ONE: chapter one - chapter tenACT TWO: chapter eleven - chapter thirtyACT THREE:ACT FOUR:E N D E D :

ACT ONE: chapter one - chapter ten
ACT TWO: chapter eleven - chapter thirty
ACT THREE:
ACT FOUR:
E N D E D :

WARNINGS: swearing, rape, abuse, death, pregnancy, violence, religion
i do NOT own any of the images used in this book, unless stated otherwise.

∘∘∘

i got this idea whilst peeing after playing fallout and then watching Carl from TWD get shot in the eye so

also, IMPORTANT: this book was co-planned by joaeys. there may be some scenes/chapter that she'll write in the future. you should all go follow her because she deserves as much recognition for this as i do.