12- s k i l l s ?

A/N: I don't actually know if Kat's Café is an actually place or not, it probably is, but I hope it isn't. Also I know absolutely nothing about coffee because I don't drink it. Also just pretend they use American currency in this story because I also know nothing about money.

Barcelona, Spain- 25 and 26 years old

"Welcome to Kat's Café, what can we get for you today?" Jade smiled and asked the man who walked through the door once he made it to the front counter. He looked a little shady, which made her a bit worried, because no one ever went there to rob it. The place was quite small and not very well known.

"Can I just have a Caramel Macchiato and a plain bagel, please?" He responded, adjusting his sunglasses, which she was confused as to why he was wearing them inside. His voice sounded familiar, not so much the pitch of it, but the way he talked reminded her of someone else. He had an accent, like he wasn't a native Spanish/Catalonian speaker and it made her wonder.

"Ok," she nodded and logged it on the screen and looked up again, "That'll be $7.50."

He handed her the money in cash and she put all of it in the register before grabbing a plain bagel with a napkin from one of the shelves beside her and handed it to him with another smile.

"Your drink'll be ready in a few minutes." He nodded and went to go sit down in an empty booth, pulling out his phone and occupying himself with that.

After a few minutes, when the drink was ready, she was about to go over to the counter and call him over to where they give out drinks, but she decided against it as she grabbed his coffee and trudged out from behind the counter.

As she took it over to his table, she was careful not to burn herself, after doing it once before. Once she placed it beside him, he jumped, a bit startled from being so immersed in whatever he was doing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I was going to call you over," she pointed to the calling counter, "but I figured I'd just bring it to you, since you looked busy."

"It's alright," he nodded his head a few times, finally removing his hood and glasses, "How about you join me? I don't think anybody's going to be coming in here anytime soon and I'm sure I could convince your manager..." She nodded her head casually. Now that the hood and glasses were off, he actually looked kinda cute, and any opportunity she could get to excuse herself from work was good enough for her.

He looked familiar, very familiar. In fact, she knew who he was, she just couldn't put her finger on it. Once she left to go ask her manager, she finally worked it out. After some persuasion, her manager finally said yes and she noticeably fist-pumped.

"I take it she said yeah?" He asked as Jade sat down in the seat across from him, smiling a bit too wide. Nodding her head, she looked at his face a bit longer and just had to ask,

"Why did you want to talk to me?" He broke out into a much wider smile than before and chuckled a bit.

"I wanna get to know you. You're pretty and you look like you deserve some time off of sitting behind the counter being bored." He explained and she nodded lightly.

"So what do you want to be? Surely you aren't planning on working here your entire life..." He started off to prevent the awkwardness of silence.

"My dream is to become a pro footballer, but if that doesn't work, I'll probably be a physical therapist or a medic." She smirked, glad she caught him off guard with her statement. He thought she didn't recognize him, but he guessed he thought wrong. Playing it off with a chuckle, he typed a few things on his phone before looking up again.

"I take it you know who I am then?"

"How could I not? Currently everyone in Barcelona at least knows about you, if not is completely devoted to you. You've got skills, I'll admit, but I believe I'm better." She joked, sending him a wink.

"Alright, I see how it is. When do you get out of work..." He trailed off, realizing he didn't know her name.

"It's Jade, but call me AJ. I get off at about 14:00 today." She replied. He felt stupid asking when he had already noticed her name on her name tag. If she was going to be associated with someone from Barcelona, she wasn't going to have her real name floating around just to be caught by Leo. She just switch her middle and first initials, her middle name being Agostina.

"Ok, I'll be back here at 14:00 then to pick you up. If you need, we can go back to your house and pick up some things you might need and change, but after that, we're going to put your "skills" to the test." He joked and Jade freaked out a bit.

What if he wanted me to meet the team? What if he recognized my playing style? After all, it was derived from Leo's exact way of playing, growing up and professionally.

It didn't matter anyway, because she had no time to decline as another customer had walked in the door and was now standing by the counter, waiting impatiently. Not wanting to get into any trouble, Jade quickly hopped over the counter and stood in front of the fuming man.

"Welcome to Kat's Café, can I take your order?" She repeated the overused line politely, not wanting to anger him further.

As he recited his order, she recorded it on the screen and by the time he went to go sit down, the booth she was previously sitting in was as empty as before.

She felt a tiny tug at her heart as she thought of the events that might occur today. She hadn't played football in a few months, due to her busy schedule, but she was finally getting forced back into it and it excited her a lot.

But her excitement didn't come without the fear of meeting him again and a giddiness in her chest at the thought of seeing him once more.

A/N: WHO DO YOU THINK THIS RANDOM PERSON SHE MET IN THE COFFEE SHOP MIGHT BE?????