16- l e s s i m p o r t a n t t h i n g s

A/N: I'm so sorry about the unexpected, short hiatus that I accidentally went on, but my parents went on a cruise and didn't tell me until the day before so I had to stay at my Aunt's, which is like an hour away and her wifi sucks. This is also not edited because I wanted to get it up as soon as possible.

Barcelona, Spain- 26 years old

"Mmm..." Jade heard a groan as she slowly forced her eyes open. Light was shining in through the doorway and a body lay next to her in bed. She smiled, remembering the full extent of what had happened last night, hoping that it wasn't just a one time thing.

"Buenos días, querida. Did you sleep well?" Gerard asked with a smirk. Jade laughed lightly before hitting him on the shoulder.

"Of course. I always sleep the best when I'm exhausted." She responded, going along with his humor. She let out another fit of laughter as he just laid there, staring. It wasn't creepy staring, but in an adoring way.

"You're beautiful, you know..." He whispers after she's quieted down a bit, making her blush. Caressing her cheek, his beautiful eyes flicker down to Jade's lips and back up, gnawing his own lip ever so slightly.

After a few more seconds of the torture, she decided to just end it by closing the gap between their bare bodies and forcing her lips onto his. Gerard follows her actions and kisses her back with full force, eliciting a moan from her throat. He stretches her bottom lip between his teeth and pulls away to kiss down her neck.

This wonderful moment was cut off by the front door slamming shut and the couples' eyes widening a significant amount.

"You have to hide!" Jade whisper yells to the person now standing opposite her. She frantically searches for pajama clothes and quickly puts them on before shoving Gerard in the closet. He has a confused look on his face, but scoots in anyway as she closes the door in front of him.

Just as she makes her way to the bed to lay back down, her door opens and both Kila and Neymar make their way into her room. He has an arm around her waist and she's clinging to his torso as they look at each other, then Jade.

"Do you know where Gerard is? He didn't show up to training today and he didn't call in sick... You were the last person that saw him." Neymar asks and Jade's eyes get big.

"Have I really been asleep that long?" She mumbles to herself and looks towards the clock on her bedside table. Surely enough, it was way past the time that was acceptable for waking up and more than half of the day was already wasted.

"Fuck," she whispers, putting her head in her hands before looking up and shaking her head, "No, I haven't seen him. He went home after dropping me off here." She figure Gerard wouldn't want anyone to know about what had gone on last night if it had caused him to miss something so important.

Neymar nodded and Kila smiled sympathetically before her eyes landed on something behind her friend. After a few seconds, her lips twisted up into a smirk and she pointed it out to Neymar, who laughed.

Jade turned to get a glimpse at what they were laughing at, and as soon as she saw it, she knew her cover, as well as Gerard's, had been blown.

Her bra, red, lacy and perfectly sexy, was hanging from her headboard in a hasty manner. She sighed, lowering her head and whistling lowly.

"So where is he?" Neymar asked, his laughter crowding his words. Jade pointed to the closet and he removed his arm from around Kila's waist before moving to open it.

"Is that the one I got you from the mall?" Kila pointed out.

"Yes..." Jade said as Gerard came tumbling out of the closet with his shirt in his hands and his pants(and hopefully boxers) on. He rubbed his neck and cleared his throat, trying to appease the uncomfortable situation at hand, but to no avail.

"Alright!" Neymar clapped his hands and looked to his girlfriend standing next to him, "we'll leave you two lovebirds alone now." He said as he and Kila exited the room and a blush took over each of the remaining twos' faces.

Gerard decided to break the ice by striding over to the bed where Jade sat and scooting in next to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She sighed and laid back with him following close behind.

"Jade?" He had whispered after a while of silence, hoping she was still awake as he couldn't quite see her face.

"¿Sí?" She responded.

"I just want you to know that I don't think of this as a one-time thing. I know it's not really well thought of to sleep together on the first date, but it was the best night I've had in a while." He mumbled into her shoulder before she turned and looked into his eyes. Jade stared for a few seconds, trying to think of what to say. Of course, her feelings about her former best friend were still there, but she needed to move on. He was most likely very happy with Marianella.

"I'd love for this to be a 'thing'. Not just the sex, but the everything else, too." She grinned widely and leant in to place a kiss to his lips.

"Jade, will you be my girlfriend?" Gerard asks as he pulls away with a hopeful glint in his eye.

"Take me on another date first and we'll see." She smirks and lands another kiss on his lips, this one more lustful than the former. He couldn't help but smile the whole time. She hadn't said yes yet, but he had a great chance, and that was good enough for him.