14- s u r p r i s e !

Barcelona, Spain- 26 years old

"What are you planning..?" Jade asked her best friend of the male spectrum over the phone. She was quite skeptical of almost anything he decided to do, even if he told her about it in advance.

"If I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise," He laughed as he replied, "Stop worrying, todo va a estar bien." The tiny amount of trust she had in him made him laugh every time. Neymar always had the silliest plans, he'd admit that, but some of them actually turned out pretty well.

"I don't want anything too big, ya know..." Jade mumbled. Once again, her trust in him was absolutely none. It made him wonder why they were even friends.

"Too late." He pretended as he sucked in a breath.

"Neymar!" She was just about ready to slap him through the phone when he bursted into laughter.

"I'm kidding! Just relax, nena, I know how much you hate my loco ideas, so I'm putting that aside for one day so we can have fun. It is your birthday after all." His voice became more serious as he went on. Jade could tell that he really wanted this to turn out great for her and it made her heart warm and fuzzy. The pet name he had called her also reminded her of when they were still in their, I-don't-know-if-I-wanna-date-you-or-just-be-friends-with-you phase.

Of course, they had kissed a few times, and it was great, but neither of them were into it, or each other, like that. After a few awkwardly romantic encounters, Neymar found that he didn't have feelings for AJ, but rather, her best friend, Kila.

The three of them were inseparable and sometimes it made Jade feel a little left out when they were all couple-y together, but never was she jealous that Kila had Neymar, only that she had a relationship in general.

Little did AJ know (the nickname grew on her), Neymar had teamed up with Kila to plan a little date between one of his teammates and their third amiga after her surprise party.

Of course, Kila had to approve before Neymar just randomly set her up with some stranger who Jade might not even be interested in, but Kila thought this would be a nice choice.

Their plan for the day was to take AJ out into the city and explore and maybe buy a few things—since she hated shopping— and then take her back to her apartment where her family and friends and some people they wanted her to meet would be to surprise her.

"Just get ready, we're going out." He finally said after a few moments of silence, and hanging up immediately after. Jade scoffed and rolled her eyes at his behavior and moved to her closet to find some clothes.

Reaching for a t-shirt and some jean shorts, she also decided on pairing a gold necklace with the white top. Jade skipped off to her bathroom in which she did her usual morning routine; washing her face, brushing her teeth, doing her hair, etc.

After about 30 minutes, Neymar and Kila had shown up at their apartment to pick up Jade. She wondered what exactly Neymar had planned for today. Not so much Kila, because she was the more sensible of the two, but still, she did wonder a bit.

Upon arriving in the city, the first place the trio decided to stop at was an electronics store inside the mall. Jade needed a new phone and a better case so she wouldn't drop it and break it this time.

After picking that up, Kila went with Jade to a lingerie store in which AJ protested vehemently. Neymar went off somewhere else to go get food from the food court to bring back while they were trying things on.

In the end, Kila chose a baby blue bra and panties set for her friend and a black lace set for herself and Neymar (something Jade didn't even remotely wanna know).

Ultimately, after they left the mall, Jade had many bags full of things and a wide smile gracing her face. Kila couldn't remember the last time Jade had ever looked this happy. As best friends, she was proud of herself that she got to see her friend like this and she was the cause of it.

On the way back home, Neymar could barely sit still on account of his excitement and almost gave away the surprise to AJ too many times. He could tell that she was going to love it and he loved seeing her happy. She was one of his best friends.

The couple let Jade walk into their apartment first as she was the one getting the surprise. Hoping everything went as planned, Kila slowly shuffled in behind Jade as she flipped the living room lights on.

"Surprise!"

"Oh my god!" Jade put a hand over her gaping mouth with tears in her eyes as she looked around the room. Her mother, her brothers, some friends that she recently met. They were all here.

"Feliz Cumpleaños, Jade" she read on a banner that hung across the ceiling. Balloons were everywhere and there was food and drinks set out on tables and everything looked great. Turning around, the now 26 year old engulfed the two of her friends in a hug that lasted seemingly forever.

"I can't believe you guys did this!" She squealed as she pulled back. As she did so, she also made sure to punch Neymar on the arm as hard as she could, which was pretty hard.

"Oww, what was that for?" He laughed as he rubbed at the sore area.

"I told you, nothing too big!"

"I thought you'd let this slide since it was obviously so amazing." She made sure to punch him once more for saying that.

"Anyway," Kila cut in, preventing the two from fighting any longer, "we did have some help with planning and setting this up because, obviously, we couldn't have gotten all of this together while we were with you, so we called some people in." She led her friend over to a table where a guy with dirty blonde-almost brown- hair was talking to another guy with dark brown hair. Jade recognized them as Barça players.

"Jade, meet Gerard and Rafinha. Rafinha, Gerard, meet Jade." Kila introduced the three of them.

"These two both helped set up this party for you and since they helped, we thought they could stay and enjoy it with the rest of us." She explained before walking away to let them talk and whatnot.

"Hola," AJ gave a shy wave to the two extremely good-looking athletes in her presence.

Oh great, she thought, more people associated with the one person I never want to see again.

A/N: I have a few questions for you guys here.

1.) Would you rather see Jade with Rafinha or Gerard? Or maybe someone else?

2.) Would you guys like to see who I picked as the girl who plays Jade, or would you wanna leave it to your own imagination?

3.) Who do you think Neymar set Jade up with?