Chapter 4.

~8 of July, Windansea Beach, San Diego~

~Eric's POV~

The sun is rising and the light is coming through the window, I woke up and rubbed my eyes taking a deep breath as I tried to flush my horrible nightmare that I just had, I removed the covers as I walked to the bathroom. 

All I'm thinking is how am I going to work this out, it's my first summer since my father died, And I have to take care of my mother and my sister I'm all they got in this life. I have to work my butt of to insure for them a better life, Especially my mom, Since what happened to my dad she's been depressed barely laughing or even a smile and all she did was working trying to keep up with the bar business, We've been struggling with the bar bills even before my dad died and my mother is working 24/7 to cover it, And also my sister dropped the last semester in collage to help my mom, I did work too but since I went to school I only worked 5 hours a day, And since I just graduated I'm not attending collage at least not for now, I'll stay with my mom and help her in the bar.

"Good morning mom" I went down stairs where our bar is and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello son!" She said kissing me back, "Want some breakfast?!" She asked.

"Yes please..." I told her as I sat into one of the bar stool.

"Here you go honey, After you finish, Wash the dirty dishes in the sink" She said handing me my breakfast, Which is cereal by the way! I nod to her then started eating quickly, I have lots to do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's still three in the afternoon which means I still have the rest of the day to work! As I was cleaning the table I watched this old man who has been drinking for the past two hours, He looks like he's rich old businessman and got kicked out of his house when his wife caught him cheating on her, How I guessed that?! Those kind of men always comes to our bar since this beach is for rich people.

My mom came inside caring some boxes when she walked past the man's table he looked at her with hunger eyes and said "Heyy bartender, How much do you take for the night?!"

"Actually I own this place!" She said to him and gave him her back to continue walking but he grabbed her by her waist making her facing him, I threw the napkin away and rushed towards them.

"No honey! I meant how much do you take to have sex with me?!" He said licking his lips like a filthy dog.

"Excuse Me!!!?" My mother shouted at him and pushed his hands away, But he held her again and said "I'll take that as 2000$?! What do you say, My place or yours?!" The man spoke again and just before my mom said anything, My fist was already meeting his face, I kept punching him with all the power that god gave me, My mom tried to stop me but I could'nt stop myself, This asshole just insulted my mom! Fuck him, I'm gonna kill this piece of shit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I beat the crap out of the old man he manged to escape, But after 30 minutes he came back with the police.

"What the hell is this" I said looking at the man.

"This's the boy, Arrest him!" The man said pointing at me, The policemen took the hands-cuff and wraps it around my hands.

"NO! Stop it! This man harassed me, Why are you taking my son!?? He was just defending me!!" My mom shouted to the policemen as we walked towards the car, But they didn't seem to listen, They only followed the man's orders!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eric Johnson" The policeman said as he opened the jail cell doors.

"Yes" I said and stood up, Hitting the back of my jeans to remove the dust.

"You've been bailed out of jail, Your free to go, And they will give your stuff back before you sign some papers" The policeman said walking me towards the exist door.

"Thank you" I said to the policeman when he handed me my wallet and my phone, I saw my mom sitting outside probably waiting for me.

"Ohh honey, You ok?!" She rushed and hugged me, But all I could think about is "How much did you paid to get me bailed out of jail?!" I asked her.

"It doesn't matter Eric, All it matters is that your fine and now we can go back home" She said, But that wasn't the answer that I wanted to hear.

"Mom! How much did you pay?!!!" I asked with a high tone.

"Eric, It's fine, Don't worry about it!!" My mom said rubbing my arms.

"Fine! You don't want to tell me!!" I said and took my phone out off my pocket and called Rose.

"Ohh,, Eric your out! Thank god..." I caught off my sister's and asked her.

"Rose!! How much my mom paid to get me out?!!"

"Eric what's done is done you can't..." I interrupt her again, While my mom tried to speak but I asked Rose again.

"God damn it Rose!! How much?!!" I shouted through the phone. "I swear Rose if you don't tell me I'll.." This time she caught me off and finally answered me.

" 10 Grands" She said it with the a low tone.

"Whaaaatt!!?" I shouted to my mom's face.

"Eric, It's fine, I borrowed it from a friend" My mom said still holding my arms.

"You did what?!! Why mom!? I couldv'e just stayed in there!!!" I shouted at her.

"I can't let my only son stay in jail because he was defending me!" My mom said.

"No! You shouldn't paid anything for that asshole!! I'm not even your fucking real son!!!" I said to her when I realized how harsh my last sentence was.

"I've never thought that I'll hear those words from you!" She said and I can see the tears filling her eyes.

"Mom I,," I tried to apologize.

"Go on! Go back in there!! But just so you know, They won't give us the money back!!" She said throwing her hands in the air and the tears are already on her cheeks.

"Mom I'm sorry, I didn't meant that way.." I tried to apologize again but she kept talking.

"See you back at home! Don't be late!" She said walking towards the car cleaning her face from the tears.

It's already dark and I'm fine walking alone but I don't, I can't go back to face my mom after what just happened, She's disappointed at me and I promised dad that I'll take care of them, And all I did was to coast them another bill, I'm so fucked up right now, I can't go back, Not after I clear my mind and figure out a way to get this amount of money.

So I went to the beach and sat on the warm sand starring at the waves and how's the moon is so white and clear, I wish my life was like that, No complications!

I saw a boat near some family house that it seemed no one was in there, I stepped into the fancy boat, Hmm there's also stairs so I went downstairs and saw some stuff and a small sleeping bunk, I sat there wondering how our life would be if we were rich, My mother wouldn't have to work, And I would have my own boat to sail in the weekends,

As I kept dreaming and imagining I slowly closed my eyes and the next thing I'm falling a sleep.

***********************************************************

<3 Thank you so much for reading....=D

Please leave your (Vote & Comment) ^_^