Culinaria L'amore Chapter Nine

Votes and comments would be appreciated!

Also, some people have asked who Jackson is. If you look back, he was another waiter at L'amore and has the crush on Kirsten.

~~Infatuated

********************

"How are you, Kirsten?" Jackson asks again, prompting me to speak.

I plastered on a smile even though he couldn't see it and cheerfully replied. "I'm doing pretty well. But, um, Jackson? How did you get my number?"

Jackson laughed sheepishly the bustle of L'amore's kitchen audible in the background, "I managed to bribe Pierre to give it to me once I told him my very good reason."

"Which is....." I trailed off, awkwardly twisting the hem of my shirt and placing my phone on a random stool, turning on speaker phone so that I could hear him better.

Another nervous laugh came over the phone. "Well I was hoping that we could plan our friendly dinner date? Some time this week? You kind of left me hanging here so I wasn't sure if I could make plans or something... I know that you're pretty busy wih studying and whatnot and the fact that you currently live sixty miles away kind of interfers but how about Friday? I'll pick you up?"

Oh shit, how could I forget? Our dinner date. The date I promised him we could have only as friends, and here he was, talking as if we were actually a couple. My patience with him as I noted his oblivion was slowly starting to wear down.

I mentally bang my head against the brick wall. "Um, Friday sounds great. But since it is a long drive, why don't I just meet you at La Crepe at seven? Does that sound okay?"

The relief in his voice was evident as he muttered, "Awesome. So, um, I will see you Friday. I can't wait!"

"Well someone sounds desperate." Garett muttered from behind me as I shut my phone close, and again, for the second time in a day, I jumped up and glared at his casual form leaning against the wall.

"Cripes," I hissed holding my hand to my chest, "you have got to stop sneaking up on me. And where did you come from?"

"Cripes?" He raised an eyebrow. "Nice word choice you Brit. I see Toben's rubbed off on you. I came from my mother's uterus years ago. Where'd you come from? Actaully, I just came from the restroom. My word of advice? Don't put your calls on speaker phone because some stray ears may hear every word."

He didn't give me a chance to reply, just shot me a casual smile and muttered, "Guys that are that desperate aren't worth having around."

"You would know," I retorted, crossing my arms.

His smirk widened. "God, it is funny arguing with you, Ms. Spitfire. All I'm trying to do is help you with your love life. Do I look even remotely gay?"

The issue was he didn't.

"Here give me your phone, I'll fix the speaker phone issue" I reluctantly handed it to him, making sure I didn't touch his skin because I wasn't in the mood to feel the sparks fly between us.

He pressed a few button, scrolled through something, before grinning and pressing another buttob. "You may be fiesty, Kirsten, but you sure are gullible."

The second he said that Jackson's voice rang through the speaker. "Hello, Kirsten?"

"Hi, Jackson right? I'm sorry but Kirsten can't come to the phone. She just found out that she'll be busy on Friday and can't go with you on your date. I'm afraid I will have to cance-"

"Garrett!" I screamed, lunging at him. He easily blocked me before continued talking. "And if you seriously can't take a hint, here's a simple conspicuous one. She doesn't want to date you. Have a nice night."