Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Nine

New chapter! Sorry for the late update. California's fun but I miss writing my butt off and waiting eagerly for your votes and comments. But please do vomment and give me feedback!

<3 Infatuated

********************

The feeling of saliva being rubbed all over my face woke me up an hour after I left the voice mail for Harrison. Sitting up groggily, I sleepily rubbed my eyes and looked around to see what had caused the on slaughter of spit that was all over my hands and face. Looking down, I smiled softly as Simbah gave a small dog howl, blinking up at me with an adorable look on his puppy face.

The memory of Garrett telling me that he had bought Simbah to soften the blow of our breakup ran through my head making me want to either turn into a sobbing mess or take out my anger on a brick wall. Instead, I decided to suck it up and remember that it wasn't the little Scottie's fault that he had been dragged into my mess.

Bending down, I picked him up, ignoring the dull ache in my ribs that made me want to lie back down into my red sheets. Stroking the top of his head, my lip curled up in disgust as I realized that his fur was oily and covered in chocolate.

"How the hell did you get chocolate sauce on yourself?"

I jumped up in haste, trying to untangle the sheets from my legs as I ran to the bathroon, hurriedly turning on the light and staring into the mirror. My face was covered in chocolate syrup, smeared over my eyebrows and covering my left cheek with a small pawprint on my right, the obvious culprit wriggling in my arms in delight.

"Damn it." I swore with a groan. "Buddy, it looks like we're going to have to wash you off."

Before I headed into the showers, Simbah tied to my bedpost so he couldn't run away and make a bigger mess anywhere else, I picked up my phone, hoping that Harrison had replied with a text or voicemail.

My smile grew bigger as I clicked the voicemail, sinking into my bed while avoiding contacting anything silk with my face, as I listened to Harrison's comforting and familiar voice.

"Hey Kirsten, got your message. Do you want to meet up today? I'm off work since Halloween was so hectic. Lunch or coffee or something? Call me back."

With new resolve and a calmer state of mind, I redialed his number and waited enrvously for him to pick up. Twirling a strand of hair around my finger and messing with my shirt with my other hand, I breathed out a sigh of relief when he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Harrison, it's Kirsten." I said quietly.

"Kirsten! What's up?"

"I got your message. Thanks for replying so soon. I fell asleep so I couldn't pick up your call."

Harrison chuckled on the other end, making me want to burst into tears. His laughter sounding so similar to Garrett's, though it may have been my reception's fault. "No problem. You sounded tired and sad and plus, you're very important in my eyes. So, do you want to meet up so we can chat?"

Looking down at Simbah as he began to bark, an idea began to grow in my head. "Hey, do you want to meet up at the Waggin' Tails next to King Soopers in a hour?"

"The pet shop? Um... sure, I'll see you there." He muttered, curiosity evident in his voice.

I grinned though he couldn't see it, patting the side of Simbah's face. "Awesome. See you there."

After we both hung up, I gave Simbah an air kiss. "Thanks for the inspiration Buddy. Now, about that bath..."

An hour later after I was clean and refreshed, my hair drying in the wind, I drove to Waggin' Tails, occasionally scolding Simbah for hopping off the piece of trash bag that I had forced him to sit in due to his sticky appearance. There was no way I was getting Yivanni's Mercedes dirty with chocolate sauce.