Culinaria L'amore Chapter Eleven

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!

I love you ALL!!!!!

~~Infatuated

********************

Toben stepped away from my hair, his reflection in the mirror shrinking as he backed up, critically examining my hairstyle. He had put it in a very loose bun, curling every strand so that the unruly pieces of hair were wisps of curls that floated around the nape of my neck and forehead. How he managed to get my stick straight hair into a flowy mass of curls was beyond me; but I enjoyed the rare feeling of bounciness against my skin.

Rearranging some pieces of hair and adjusting my diamond clip, I finally smacked his hand away from my hair and muttered, "It's perfect, Mother."

"I'm insulted, Kirsten. After all my hard work you just mortally injure me and talk to me in harsh tones? And calling me a mother? Why maybe I shouldn't help you next time."

"I never asked for your help." I grumbled, slowly getting out of the chair. "I do know how to apply makeup and curl my own hair."

Toben grinned at me cheekily, pushing down on my shoulders and making me flop back onto the chair. "That may be true sweetie but look at you! Do you really think you could of done much better? Sure, by negative 2 times!"

I had to agree; I did look nice.

The girl staring back at me was not the image of an impatient girl who swiped on some mascara and put her hair in a messy bun before hurrying out of the door every morning. Instead, I was met with an image I nearly never saw. Toben had applied a violet eyeshadow mixed in with tinges of bronze that glittered in the mirror's light and a layer of pale foundation and darker bronzer that literally made me shine. On my neck was a thin gold chain and had a locket hanging from it, and on my ears were a set of dangly golden chains that were precariously close to my chin.

The purple dress that I bought matched my heels and this time I stood up without pushing me back down into my seat.

"Thank you Toben," I whispered giving him a huge hug. He laughed silently as he returned it before whispering in my ear, "if only you would show that kind of affection when Garrett is around."

My frow furrowed as I released my grip on his shoulders. "I'm not catching on."

Toben rolled his eyes. "To make him jealous. Isn't that what girls like to do?"

A blush crept up my neck. "Um, why would I want to make him jealous?" I asked, trying to innocently bite my lip.

"Stop that." Toben replied pointing at my lips. "Even though it's lip stain that stuff does come off. And to reply to your lame question, stop pretending Kirsten. Your heels are above your head already."

"Huh?" I asked, this time actually truly confused with Toben's hints.

He sighed. "The term head over heels does come into play silly goose. I can see the way you look at him. And the way he talks to you."

"Excuse me? Talks to me? That's how he talks to everyone! Jerkishly and annoyingly."

Toben grinned at me. "You keep on telling yourself that. He's only had that attitude around one other girl, Ther- Never mind."

I planted my hands on my hip as he tried to distract me by handing me my jacket and muttering about how I wouldn't need my pepper spray. "Toben, you are a bad actor. Who did he talk to like that? Mira?"

He looked up at me surprised, whether it be at my angry tone or the fact that I knew Mira was beyond me.

"How'd you know about Mira?"