Culinaria L'amore Chapter Twenty-Eight

Please Read!

So the first half of this chapter will be the coffee date between Harrison and Kirsten which occured a few weeks before the present. Originally, I hadn't thought of putting this into the story but then I realized that it would be vital to the plot. This is supposed to occur after Garrett and Kirsten first kiss in the soup kitchen, a couple days to be exact.

Do Not Skip This Chapter All Together! The last half will be the present time so if you don't want to be confused, just keep on reading until about page 2ish.

VOTE VOTE VOTE! I appreciate alllll of your support!

<3 Infatuated

********************

(Harrison/Kirsten Date)

I hesitated outside of the cozy looking coffee shop, checking the address to make sure that I was in the right place. Sucking in a deep breath, and coughing a little as the cold, night wind stun my throat, I straightened myself up and opened the door, enjoying the numerous smells floating towards me and the sound of bells ringing.

Looking around, I didn't spot Harrison at any tables so I went up to the order counter and asked for a large vanilla latte and a lemon scone, trying to call my nerves down in the process. I had actually talked to Garrett about my and Harrison's casual date during the ride from the Mariam Soup Kitchen and although he seemed fine with my friendly meeting with an old high school friend, I didn't want Harrison to interpret my intentions in the wrong way.

Also, as silly as it sounded, I had hoped for at least a bit of jealousy to come into Garrett's voice at the mention of a rendezvous with another guy. It made me wonder if he really cared enough.

Snagging a table next to the window revealing a darkening sky and several stars, I relaxed into the comfy seats, taking off my hat and scarf, and folding it onto the corner of the table. Grabbing my latte and scone from the barista's hand, I settled down and waited for Harrison to appear.

After a couple of minutes, I took out my phone and checked my unread text messages. Noticing one from an unfamiliar number, I opened it and smiled when I read what was written.

'Hey Kirsten. Have fun! I miss you :) ~Garrett'

I smiled at the message, feeling warm from his words. Hitting the reply button, I was so into writing something nice back that when someone tapped on the glass of the window, I jerked up in surprise, looking to my right to see a smiling red-nosed Harrison outside, waving.

Waving back, I tucked my phone back into my back pocket, taking a small sip of my scalding hot vanilla latte.

"Hey Kirsten. Funny seeing you here." Harrison said with a big grin on his face, discarding his black leather jacket onto the back of the chair across from me.

"I know, right? What a coincidence." I replied, letting some sarcasm come into my voice.

"Don't be cheeky, it's an unattractive quality." He teased, shooting me another smile before placing his order at the counter. After he got his hot chocolate, he slumped into the seat, looking blissfully happy with his drink.

"So, what's up?" I asked, swirling my latte around and looking down at my lemon scone awkwardly.

"Nothing much really. Thought it would be fun to meet up with an old acquaintance." Harrison muttered with a casual shrug.

"So where do you go to school now?" I asked curiously, looking at him, trying not to notice his slightly appealing, good looks.

"I attend Denver University. Working on a major in business with an emphasis on sports."