Culinaria L'amre Chapter Thirty-Six

Hey guys! Enjoy this long chapter. If I don't see everyone voting and commenting this very important chapter, I'm going to punch a baby. Seriously. I worked hard for this chapter.

Don't forget! Babies with bloody noses and black eyes are what we DON'T want to achieve here. So vote and comment!!!!

<3 Infatuated

********************

"And so he was all like, 'Wow Ms. Winters I do believe you-" Mira stopped talking as soon as we entered the room, her blue eyes narrowing as they focused in on me. Mr. Bianchi looked uncomfortably down at his plate and Yivanni flashed a bright smile in my direction, blissfully ignorant-or purposely ignoring-Mira's hostile glare. Garrett was surprisingly missing, the chair next to Mira empty.

"Evening everyone." I said, dragging Harrison along as he suddenly appeared a bit shy.

"What are you doing here?" Mira practically seethed, no diplomacy or fake words masking her true meaning. As if she was in a C rated movie, her hand gripped her fork tighter and tossed her red hair back as though she was gearing for battle.

"Um, excuse me? Who are you?" I asked brightly, throwing her a big grin as Harrison pulled out my chair for me. I sat down, grateful, because I knew if she said one more mocking word at me I would either crumple to the ground or leap across the table and punch her bright red lips.

"Ah, you are Harrison, no?" Yivanni asked pleasantly, standing to shake Harrison's hand, as if Mira wasn't hyperventilating to her right and everything was normal. "I'm Yivanni, Garrett's mom."

"It's very nice to meet you. Yes, I'm Harrison, Kirsten's... friend." Harrison replied smoothly, shooting her his signature grin before repeating his greeting to Mr. Bianchi. After everyone finally took their seats, Yivanni looked around before sighing.

"That boy. Where has Garrett gone?"

"I'm not sure." Mira replied, looking in my direction. "Does anyone know?"

I simply shrugged as several waiters came around the table and distributed salads. Harrison looked down at me questionly as if to ask if Mira's words were bothering me and I only replied with a small smile. So far, so good.

"So, Harrison, what are you doing?" Mr. Bianchi asked after swallowing a mouthful of spinach. He seemed to assess the younger man, his face not showing whether or not he approved of his new, temporary dinner guest.

"I'm majoring in business with an emphasis on sports as Denver University." Harrison muttered smoothly, not at all bothered by Mr. Bianchi's critical look and for that, I was even more grateful.

"Really? I thought you were going to play tennis in college." Mira piped up, not a single leaf of her salad touch. When Harrison raised an eyebrow in her direction, she smiled prettily and believe it or not, fluttered her eyelashes discreetly. As she did so, I turned away, disgusted that Mira would stoop so low as attempt to seduce another man while she was pregnant with another's child. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mr. Bianchi frown, as if he knew exactly what Mira was trying to do as well.

However, what Harrison said next brought a huge smile to my face. "Excuse me? Do I know you?"

With a huff and a face that was slowly turning a nice shade of red thanks to Yivanni's and Mr. Bianchi's quiet snickers, she straightened her spine and sent me another glare, as if it was my fault. "Mira Winters? Prom queen? Head cheerleader? Current face of Tommy Hilfiger?"

"You mean former face of Tommy Hilfiger?"

Oh god. I couldn't resist. A loud snort came from my direction as well as from Yivanni but Mira was not amused.