Overtime

Sachiko slouched on the sofa covering her face with the book she was reading. She glanced at the dining table where dinner was waiting. She looked at the clock. It was already 11 pm, 3 hours past the end of Daiki's shift still the guy hasn't contacted her.

She turned on the tv. The news said there was a shoot out near the station Daiki was stationed. A few seconds later the phone rang. Sachiko immediately got up and literally scurried to the phone.

"H-hello?" She said in a panic.

"Sachi?! What's wrong? Are you okay? Your voice is trembling." It was Daiki. For a moment Sachiko gave out a relieved sigh.

"That's unfair! It's 3 hours past the end of your shift and now you call?" She said pretending to be angry.

"A-ah, yeah. It's just that there was a shootout and we had to respond..." Daiki said in a tired voice.

"Are you alright?" Sachiko asked worriedly.

"Of course! The only one who can kill me, is me...or you...haha." His husband joked.

"It's not funny..." Sachiko said her eyes welling up with tears.

"You're supposed to come home. You're supposed to kiss me, hold me, and sleep with me." She said her voice trembling as she held her sobs.

"I'll come home. Wait for me, okay?" Daiki said in a serious voice.

"...okay..." Sachiko nodded and the other line went off. She put down the telephone and plopped back on the sofa. She wiped her tears and calmed herself and waited for her husband.

"Sachi..." She felt cold hands on her cheek. She had fallen asleep while waiting for him. She sat herself up and there he was. Sitting on the sofa beside her. She couldn't help herself but hug him. Tight. Too tight.

"Sachi...I...can't ...breath." Daiki said tapping her back.

"Oh, sorry. I just thought that...it's just the news said...that." She said her eyes welling up again.

"Shhhh...I came home." Daiki said. He put his hand on her chin and placed a sweet kiss. "I came to kiss you." He lifted her up and placed her on his lap and hugged her close and gave her more kisses on her neck. "I came to hold you." Daiki said amidst the kisses he was giving her on her neck.

He gave her another deep kiss and looked her in the eyes. "I came to make love with you."

"You do know I said 'sleep with me', right?" Sachiko said as a matter of factly.

"They're basically the same!!" Daiki said with irritation in his voice.

Grrrrrroooowl~ Said both of their stomachs which made them laugh.

"Let's just eat then sleep. I know you're tired." Sachiko said standing up and going to the dining table.

"B-but... but-" Daiki said following his wife with his eyes. "Sachi!!! I wanna do it!!!"

"I don't wanna! It's food vs. you. I'm sorry, you don't stand a chance." Sachiko said stuffing her mouth with a cold carbonara.