On the Job

Sachiko looked at the time flashed at her phone's screen. 12:30 at noon and her husband is still no where to be found.

That's thirty minutes passed from the time they agreed to meet up for a lunch date.

Sachiko knew she was pushing her luck knowing her husband's job but she still wanted to meet him on their wedding anniversary.

"Stupid Daiki. If he couldn't come he should've just texted me or said no in the first place. Stupid idiot." Sachi said clucking her tongue and picking up her bag to leave.

"SACHIKO!"

She could hear her husband from a block away.

Sachiko stared at Daiki from head to toe, "Is this a date or am I under arrest, officer?"

Daiki could sense the irritation in his wife's tone. He couldn't help it. He got called up to hold a shift on his day off because his co-worker suddenly got the flu.

"Where should I start to tell you what's wrong with this." Sachiko moving her pointing finger in a circle towards her husband.

"Look, I'm late. I know. I'm sorry okay? Can't you just give me credit for running over eventhough I know you'd nag me like this?" Daiki argued.

Sachiko sighed. "Calm down, mister. You're not under trial."

"Well, it feels like it. Every goddamn time!" Daiki yelled making some of the people passing by look in their direction.

Sachiko suddenly felt bad at scrutinizing her husband despite his efforts and before Daiki could yell another cuss at her he pulled his husband's shirt and planted a kiss in his lips zoning out the additional number of people now watching them.

"You can arrest me now, officer~" Sachiko said holding her hand for her husband to cuff.

"W-what?! Why would I do that?!" Daiki said all flustered and red.

"Why I wonder?!" Sachiko said feigning innocence, "Didn't I just steal a kiss~ ♡"

Daiki realizing what his wife was up to, took out his handcuffs and cuffed his wife.

"Wha- Hey, I was just joking!!" Sachiko explained.

"You're coming with me." Daiki said regaining his composure.

What?! Where are you taking me?!" Sachiko said in panic.

"Home. I must have gotten the flu. I need to go lie down in bed with you." Daiki lifted you princess-style and treaded home.