Adoption

The wind chimes on top of the shop door chimed signaling the entrance of a customer.

"Welcome to Takao's Pet Shop!" yelled cheerfully by the dark haired man in the counter.

"Osu! It's been a while." Daiki greeted.

"Oya? Aomine? What brings you to my shop?" Takao asked.

Takao was sure Aomine wasn't particularly fond of dogs however, his wife was a different story.

"What does it look like I'm here for, idiot! I'm here to buy one animal for Sachi." Daiki blurted irritably. He didn't like letting people know how much he loves Sachi, just her feeling it is already enough.

Bingo! Takao thought with a grin.

"What are you grinning at?" Daiki asked.

"Nothing, nothing." Takao replied with a chuckle.

He made his way through a few cages of cats, tanks of fishes, and cages of love birds.

He stopped at the noisiest area of the shop.

"Man, are all animals this noisy?" Daiki grumbled.

"Sometimes I wonder why Sachi married you." Takao said jokingly.

"Shut up and let me look at some of these animals." Daiki answered.

Takao knew Daiki was about to pop in his shop sooner or later. After all, for the past few days Sachi had been visiting and checking for dogs. She also couldn't stop telling him that Daiki finally wanted to adopt a dog.

"If you're looking for a d-"

"Hey! I'll get this one!" Daiki interrupted Takao's recommendation.

As Takao came closer to the dog Daiki was going to take home, he grinned to himself.

"Seriously, you gotta stop grinning by yourself. It's creepy." Daiki commented.

After giving Daiki the papers Takao asked, "So what are you gonna name it?"

Daiki thought for a moment but eventually gave up, "I gotta ask Sachi."

As Daiki was walking home carrying the Alaskan malamute pup in his arms, he looked at the time in his wrist.

It was about 3 pm on a Saturday. Sachi however, had to go to work for overtime. So he planned to surprise her when she got home.

When he turned to the corner by the park in front of a daycare center where Kuroko worked he saw a familiar figure.

Sachi was sitting on one of the swings across the day care center. It was time for the kids to play outside so they were all around the yard.

Daiki zipped his jacket partly and put the pup inside. He proceeded to creep behind Sachi and covered her eyes from behind to surprise her.

However, as he felt his hands cold and wet, he knew something was wrong.

"Sachi?" He mumbled as he knelt in front of her.

"Dai-chan, you idiot." Sachi said as she wiped off tears from her eyes.

Daiki then thought of how badly Sachi wanted for them to have a kid but couldn't because of her condition.

He held her hands and said, "I'm not very good at comforting you. But, we'll keep trying. We're still young."

Sachi's tears started falling again.

"It's just so hard. I just love you so much Dai-chan and I wanted to give you a family." Sachi cried.

Daiki wiped the tears on his wife's face and unzipped his jacket.

"Woof!" Barked the pup cheerfully.

"You already gave me a family when you married me." Daiki said placing the pup on Sachi's lap.

"Dai-chan you got us a dog!" She said happily. "And it's the one I wanted from Takao's"

Daiki had a hard time choosing from the pet shop but amidst all the animals there, he felt  something from the pup. He felt home.

Sachi cuddled the pup, "What should we name him?"

"I was thinking Tonkatsu"

The pup growled at Daiki as though understanding his awful naming skills.

Sachi laughed, "He seems to understand you suck at naming."

She looked at the pup and caressed it's fur, "How about Riku?"

The pup wagged it's tail and gave an enthusiastic bark.

"Well, looks like this kid's a mama's boy." Daiki joked and Sachi smiled.

As they walked home, Daiki took Sachi's hand in his.

"Are you hungry?" Sachi asked.

As if on queue, Daiki's stomach started growling.

Sachi giggled, "I'll make Tonkatsu."