A Test

/!\ Bit of Angst /!\

Sachiko sighed as she double checked the white plastic stick hoping it would show another red line.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard she squinted her eye or how many times she closed her eyes and opened them to check, it was still a negative.

Just as it had been for the past 12 months.

Sachiko gave a long deep sigh of disappointment.

They have been trying but it just seemed like having a child was never for them.

3 raps at the bathroom door snapped Sachiko back to reality and hurriedly hid the contraptions.

Daiki didn't know and Sachiko didn't want to give her husband false hope as she knew how devastating it felt to look at multiple negative pregnancy tests.

"Sachiii!!! I gotta go pee! Are you pooping in there?!" Daiki yelled from the other side of the door, much to his wife's embarassment.

Sachiko threw open the door which gave Daiki a mini heart attack.

But instead of a witty comeback she just proceeded to the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

Daiki hurriedly unzipped his pants to pee catching a glimpse of a tiny box peeking from the trash bin.

Sadness covered his face at the thought, "Guess it's a no this time...again."

He had always known that Sachiko was taking tests behind his back and whenever it turned negative she'd suddenly felt distant.

It always came out negative.

He always wanted to say something it's just that he isn't good with words. Especially delicate topics like this.

Once, when they had tried for half a year with no positive results, they consulted Dr. Midorima an OB GYN.

That wasn't a good move either. It only taxed Sachi's emotinal stability.

Dr. Midorima said Sachiko had a rare condition wherein the chances of conceiving a child was less than 50% and the chances of keeping it was less than 30%.

Daiki didn't really get the math and if it was  only his decision he'd rather adopt a child.

But his wife wanted to bear one and he wanted one as well, but he wouldn't want to risk her life for it.

"Daiki! Breakfast is ready!"

Daiki snapped out of his flashback and zipped his pants walking towards the kitchen.

"Come sit after you wash your hands." Sachiko reminded him.

As Daiki sat beside his wife he felt an awkward feeling that he needed to say something to cheer her up.

He hated how he stayed silent eventhough he knew she was hurting.

"Sachi..." Daiki started.

Sachiko gazed at his husband awaiting what he wanted to say.

"Do you...maybe...want to adopt..." Daiki was a stuttering mess.

Sachiko's eyes were puzzled.

"Dog..!" Daiki finally shouted.

"Do you wanna adopt a dog?!"

"E-eh?!" Sachiko reacted with glee.

"Why the sudden change of heart? You were always saying 'No!pets are troublesome'." Sachi attempted to impersonate her husband.

"W-well,...it's...Christmas, and you've been the best this year so I thought maybe I should show you how grateful I am." Daiki grinned.

"Aww, you don't have too Dai-chan. I love taking care of you eventhough you're such a pain in the ass." Sachiko said hugging his husband.

Sachiko looked up from her husband's chest, "Hmmm, what present would you like me to give you?"

Daiki cupped his wife's cheeks and closed the gap between their lips. "Having you as my wife is already enough."