Chapter 6. Take A Walk.

Sarah's P.O.V.

It's been a few days since the incident in the bathroom with Zander. Gina and I had our girls day out, bought lots of stuff we didn't need, then went back to her house to eat dinner with her mom and hang around the house.

Today is Monday morning, and so far nobody has said anything about the bathroom incident so I'm guessing nobody else knows. Which is good, considering how much they would laugh at me if they knew.

Laugh at the weak girl who couldn't even defend herself but instead fell to the floor crying, hilarious isn't it? First period class was pretty boring. The teacher just droned on and on about something I forgot to pay attention to. I was too busy worrying about a certain boy sitting behind me who I haven't seen since I ran away from him in the rain. How lovely, what an ice breaker!

Tapping, that's all I hear.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Almost like a song stuck on repeat, a very annoying song. A very annoying song that gets stuck in your head until you hear an even more annoying song to overlap it in your mind.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Constantly there, never ending. It's all you can hear.

Tap

Tap

Tap

Until finally,

Tap

Ta –

You snap. Whipping around in my chair I catch the culprit, his pencil froze in mid-air as he stares at me wide eyed. I narrow my eyes at the pencil, then reach out and take it. Zander looks so confused, then a little angry that I stole his pencil.

"Hey! Give that back!" He reaches out to grab it but I hold it behind me where he can't reach.

"No. Not unless you swear to stop that annoying tapping. Otherwise, this pencil? Say your goodbyes!" I bring the pencil back around, placing both my hands on each end, ready to snap it in half.

"Okay okay! Don't snap my pencil, it's the only one I have!" His eyes look almost desperate but the anger is still there, slowly bringing me back into reality. My body instantly gets hot as the embarrassment rises through me. All the students in the classroom are either staring at me in humor or annoyance.

"O-oh s-sorry about that. . ." I gently place his pencil down on his desk and quickly turn back around in my seat. My hair shields the sides of my face from the piercing stares, but not from the annoyed look on the teacher's face from the interruption. I steal a glance through my hair at the students around me, most of them are either still looking at me or talking to their friends and laughing.

That's so awkward. Sarah, you idiot. Why would you make a scene?! My fingers are wrapped tight around my locket, trying to find some type of comfort there. My teeth are locked on my bottom lip, biting down enough to bring pain but not hard enough to draw blood.

The teacher continues her lesson and what do you know, the tapping also continues. I don't know if he's doing it because he's bored or if he's doing it just to annoy me, but either way is getting on my nerves.

Slowly time ticks on and the tapping continues, Zander will stop for a minute or two to write down something then go right back to tapping again. There's only a few minutes left in class, and thankfully the teacher is basically done with the lesson. She had told us to write down the stuff on the whiteboard, then we could pack up our stuff and leave when the bell sounds.