Chapter 16. Miss Me Yet?

"Alright class, today is the day to hand in your art work!" The teacher claps excitedly and points towards the two kids in the front, "You two can go first!"

I glance over to my left and see Zander's leg bouncing up and down nervously. I nudge his shoulder with mine to get his attention. He looks over at me and panic is clear in his eyes. I smile at him reassuringly, placing my hand on his bouncing knee to stop it.

"We'll do great, just relax." His leg stops bouncing and he takes a deep breath then lets it out.

He smiles at me softly, "Thanks, Cupcake." I smile back then turn my attention towards the teacher.

Slowly, she works her way through the students. Everyone's paintings are actually really nice. One group had a car, another painted the stars, someone had painted their house. They were all amazing. I started doubting our painting. It looks nothing like these. I bite my lip and fiddle with my necklace, my palms going sweaty when it gets closer to being our turn.

I feel something touch my arm and I look over to see Zander smiling over at me, "It's our turn, are you ready?"

I nod nervously and we get up to make our way towards the front of the room. Everyone's eyes were on us. Most of them didn't seem to care, but then there were the ones who were glaring daggers at Zander's hand on my arm pulling me along. I chew on my bottom lip and take my stance at the front of the room.

"This is our painting! It's a chocolate chip cookie because who doesn't love them?!" Zander's words are filled with so much love and enthusiasm that he got most of the class to laugh and agree.

"Who painted this lovely piece?" Mr. Hanks smiles warmly over at us from behind his desk.

Zander grins and places his hand on my shoulder, "Sarah did, sadly I don't have a good hand with painting but she sure did great!" I blush and look down at my feet, awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other.

"Well done you two. You may be seated." The class claps as we make our way to our seats. I glance up and connect eyes with Samantha who is glaring at me hardcore from her seat in the back. Her friends thankfully aren't in this class so it's just her death stare I have to deal with.

I quickly sit down and zone out until class is over. Everyone packs up and leaves as if the room is on fire, hurrying to be the first ones out the door. Good lord, animals I tell you, they're nothing but animals! I huff in annoyance when I finally get through the swarm, heaving my bag onto my shoulder again.

"Did you survive the mob?" Zander smirks at me from his stance against the wall.

I roll me eyes and turn towards him, "Just barely. I swear, they act like the world is going to end if they don't get out the door at that very second!"

He chuckles lightly, "Annoyed much?" He walks over to me and crosses his arms, the smirk never leaving. That smirk is going to be the death of me.

"Very." I pout and cross my arms. I probably look like a five year old but I don't even care.

"Awe, don't pout Cupcake!" He pinches my cheeks and I swat his hands away. He laughs loudly and slings his arm over my shoulder. We start walking towards my next class. The hall way was only half full since most of the students went to their classes already.

We stop a few steps away from my next class, "So listen," He turns me towards him and gently holds my elbows. I look up at him curiously, moving my hands to hold onto his elbows as well. "I have to leave so I won't be back for . . . A while . . . Mind giving me those kisses now . . . ?" He cheekily grins down at me, gently rubbing his thumbs on my elbows.