Chapter 31. Beauty Of The Lights.

My eyes shift from my skirt up to the window in awe, beautiful lights illuminating the night around the dock. Where are we? I look around more and take note to the lake not far from us, the table set up in the middle of the dock. A small table set up for two sat in the middle with candles and lanterns lit up all around. A tree stood a few feet away, it's branches reaching over the table were the little fairy lights were draped through them, giving a soft glow on everything. This is so beautiful.

"Do you like it?" Zander nervously questions, his eyes flickering back and forth from my face to the set up. I look over at him with awe, my heart basically exploding in my chest.

"No, I don't like it."

His eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head, casting his gaze down to his hands. "Oh uh we can - "

I reach out and place a hand on his shoulder, a huge grin spreading across my lips. "Zander, I love it."

He gives me a flat look, "That was mean."

I giggle and pat his shoulder, "I know," I grab his hand and tug on it, "C'mon let's go!"

He shakes his head while a smile lights up his face, "Okay, okay! I can't go through your door though." He gives a pointed look towards where my hand is gripping his.

"Right, sorry." I blush and let go of him, moving my hands down to fiddle with my skirt. He laughs and opens his door, quickly jumping out and running over to open mine before I could even touch the handle. He opens my door with a slight bow, reaching his hand out to help me down. I grin and take his hand in mine, reveling in the beauty of the lights and candles. It's like the stars were draped over the table, like he brought the stars down just for me. My eyes well up with tears, my heart dancing in my chest. He did all of this for me . . . all for me.

"Sarah? Are you alright? Why are you crying, Cupcake?" He rushes over to me, his hands lightly gripping onto my shoulders. I look at him through blurry eyes, my hands reaching up to brush over his elbows. He stares back a me with worry, his lips parted slightly and his brows raised.

I nod through the tears, "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay." Sniffling back more tears, I smile up him happily, a small laugh bubbling out of my chest. I hold onto his elbows more firmly as I burst into a fit of giggles. He looks at as if I'm insane, his hands keeping me grounded. "I'm more than okay, I'm ecstatic!"

He smiles softly and pulls me closer, his arms wrapping around my waist. I grin widely, moving to rest my hands on his chest. He gazes into my eyes, "Let's go eat before the food gets cold." My stomach growls loudly at the mention of food. My cheeks heat up embarrassed, I quickly nod in agreement. Curse you stomach, you traitor!

He grins down at me widely, his chest rumbling as a deep laugh escapes his lips. I glare at him playfully, my cheeks burning impossibly brighter than before. He moves to stand beside me, his arm still wrapped around my waist, and starts to lead me forward. I gasp softly to myself when I take notice to the little path of flowers leading up to the table, each one placed perfectly to create a little walkway. My heart hammers and swells in my chest, happiness and excitement of what's to come racing through me.

And all of this is for me, I can't believe this. It's all so amazing, the candles, the lights, the flowers, the lights, the table and food, the lights, the lake, oh did I mention the lights?

He leads me up to the table and I can't help but eye up all the food hungrily. He pulls out my chair for me, then pushes me in once I sit down. He rounds the table to his seat, sitting down then awkwardly fumbling with his jacket. "I hope you like what I ordered, it's just a simple steak dinner," He pushes some items on the table around, his motions jerky and frantic like. It's obvious how nervous he is, "But if uh - Y-you don't like it w-we can go get something else." He quickly stutters on, his hands continuing to move unnecessary things on the table.