Chapter 20. Let's Poke The Angry Bear!

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Hey, Sarah." I look up from my paper and smile up at Keagen, my mood instantly lifting.

"Hey, what's up?" He pulls out a chair from beside me and plops down, sliding his tray out in front of him.

"Just finished a test in chemistry, damn that stuff sucks." He grins over at me quickly then turns to his food, picking up his sandwich and eyeing it up hungrily.

I open my mouth to respond but am cut off by the sound of another tray slamming down onto the table beside me. I jump in fright and look over, instantly relaxing when I see a moody Zander plopping down beside me. Soon after, Gina sits down across from me too. Her eyes scanning Zander cautiously. She looks over and we exchange questioning looks.

She looks back over at him then turns back towards me, clearing her throat loud enough for him to hear then nods for me to speak. My eyes widen and I quickly shake my head no, shoving fries into my mouth to prove my point further. No way am I poking the angry bear!

She rolls her eyes and straightens her back, turning towards him with a plastered on smile. "Hey, Zander. How's your food?"

He doesn't even look up at her, just glares down at his food. "Fine." He stabs his fork into his noodles, causing Gina and I to jump in surprise.

"Dude, what crawled up your ass and died?" Keagen laughs from beside me, leaning forward to raise an eyebrow at Zander.

Gina and I look at each other terrified, immediately trying to avoid Zander's reaction.

He slowly stops his movements, completely stilling in his seat. Keagen doesn't seem to notice the tension in the air, a huge grin spread across his face. Zander slowly looks up, glaring straight forward then slowly turns to look towards Keagen.

Keagen raises his eyebrows in surprise, but his grin doesn't falter. "What? PMS'ing it?" Keagen smirks smugly, causing Zander to be pissed off even more.

Zander goes to open his mouth, his shoulders stiff in rage. I gently touch the small of his back, staring at him worriedly. This seems to stop him, for his eyes switch over to me and soften slightly. He turns his attention back towards Keagen, then shakes his head and goes back to stabbing his food with his fork.

"Ah, not one for talking?" Keagen laughs and leans back in his seat, shoving more fries into his mouth carelessly.

Zander balls his hands into fists, squeezing his fork so hard the thin plastic snaps in half. He gets up quickly and grabs his bag, storming out of the cafeteria quickly.

"Whoa, he needs to chill. I was only joking, geez." Keagen stares at the cafeteria doors and laughs, turning to look towards me.

I look over at Gina and she's staring over at Keagen incredulously. I look over at him, giving him my deadliest glare.

His eyes widen and he immediately stops laughing, "What?"

I glare even harder, "You shouldn't have edged him on like that."

He throws his arms up in surrender, muttering a low 'sorry' under his breath. Yeah, right. I roll my eyes and grab my stuff, moving to go after him. I feel a hand on my arm, stopping me from slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"C'mon Sarah, just stay here. He'll be fine, he just needs to cool off or something."

I yank my arm away, standing up quickly and glaring down at him. "As if you'd know what he does and doesn't need." I turn away from his shocked expression, catching a glance at Gina's amused one as I stomp away. I push open the doors and step out, the hallway empty of students giving me a clear view down it.