Chapter 28. Well, That Was Dramatic.

"Was it as awkward as you thought it would be?"

"No. It was worse." I groan loudly, slightly banging my head on the lunch table. Gina giggles from beside me, her hand gently patting my back.

"C'mon now! It couldn't have been that bad!" She encourages, her hand moving to rub my back in small circles.

I groan again and turn my head towards her, a small pout on my lips. "It was so embarrassing though."

"It wasn't too bad. It's normal to ask those type of questions to the guy their daughter has been hanging out with, Cupcake." Zander chuckles and sits down beside me. I turn towards him and pout even more, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. "Besides, I wouldn't mind knowing a few of them myself."

My eyes widen in shock. He looks over at me, his eyes holding my gaze until I awkwardly look away. He wouldn't mind knowing . . . He wants to clarify about the roof kiss. Oh my gosh, he's going to tell me to go away, isn't he?

Gina looks at me curiously, oblivious to what he could mean. Oh my goodness, I haven't told her yet! She's going to kill me!

I quickly glance over to Zander, "Okay." I whisper softly, my eyes filling up with silent tears. I look away before he can see them though, fixing my stare on the sandwich in front of me.

I feel him shift around beside me, "Okay great, meet me at my bike after school then." He then gets up and leaves, his steps fading into the sounds of the many voices around us.

"What was that all about?" Gina inquires from beside me, shoving a few chips in her mouth in the process.

I look up at her and smile weakly, "I'll tell you after school, okay?"

She furrows her eyebrows and stares down at her plate for a second then looks back up at me smiling again. She holds out her pinky finger, "Okay, promise?"

I smile widely and link our pinkies together, "Promise."

~•~

I groan softly, banging my head against my locker. "Man up, Sarah. Just go already."

I'm currently hiding in the girls locker room, pretending that I had to get something to avoid going outside with Gina.

C'mon just go, it won't be that bad.

Who am I kidding? It's gym, it's dodgeball, of course it's going to be bad.

I sigh and push off the locker, shakily making my way towards the door. I take in a deep breathe then push the door open, causing some eyes to turn in my direction. I blush brightly and quickly scurry over to Gina, hiding behind her as best I can.

Thankfully, our gym classes aren't combined with the boys class. Which leaves us with half the female high school population and a loud female coach. But it's still better.

"Alright, ladies! Today is dodgeball, you know the rules!" Coach Mathers blows her whistle, bursting all the eardrums in a ten mile radius.

Gina and I wince, "I wish someone would take that from her and throw it away." Gina mumbles under her breath. I nod in agreement, grimacing as my ears start ringing.

Everyone else groans in protest, yet we continue to line up on opposite sides. We're so used to playing this that we already know which sides we want to be on and who will be team captains.

Jenny, our team captain and a really nice girl, smiles over at us. "Alright girls, let's kick their butts!" I smile back at her, a sense of confidence washing over me. Even though we lose to the opposing team almost every single time, Jenny never seems to lose faith in us and never talks us down for it. It's one of the things I like best about her, the other thing being our combined hate for the opposing team's captain.