Chapter 18. Surprise, Surprise.

Sarah's P.O.V.

"Ha! You really said that?" I throw my head back and laugh loudly, lightly clapping my hands together in applaud.

"I cannot believe you would say something like that, let alone to a teacher!" Gina leans her head against my shoulder, her shoulders shaking from laughing so hard.

"Can't help it, I'm a rebel." Keagen winks at us, causing our laughter to increase. He joins us, pointing at Gina's beat red face and laughing even harder.

We're currently sprawled out on the football bleachers, watching as all the teammates train. Keagen dragged us out here after lunch, insisting we sit there with him until he got the guts to go over and ask the coach how to sign up. Twenty minutes later, and practice almost over, he still hasn't gotten up but instead has been sitting here telling us all his wild stories from his old school.

Our laughter dies down after a while and I reach up to wipe a stray tear from my eye, "So wait, all these great stories yet you still moved here? Why?" I look over at him and he smiles. Gina sits up and looks at him curiously too, both of us wanting to know.

"Well, my dad got a big promotion but for said promotion we had to move. So here I am." He grins and gestures towards himself, to which Gina and I giggle softly. He turns his attention towards me and his smile goes soft, "I'm glad we did, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to meet your pretty face."

I blush immediately, looking away from him and to the ground. I hear a soft giggle come from Gina and her hand lightly poking my thigh telling me to respond. I look back up to respond but he's already gotten up, stretching his arms up into the air. His shirt raises slightly, revealing the tanned skin of his stomach. I quickly look away again and towards the school building, a thought popping into my head.

He doesn't look as toned as Zander does.

He turns slightly and salutes us, then jogs over to the coach. I watch him jog, then quickly turn back towards Gina. She's staring at me, a huge smile plastered across her face.

She smacks my knee and squeals, "You like him, don't you?!"

I groan immediately and shake my head, "No! G, we're literally only friends." I huff out a sigh at her 'Mhm sure' expression and glance towards the field full of players. I wish Zander were here, he'd help defend me here.

Whoa, where did that come from?!

"Well you're definitely starting to like him." She smirks and looks over at Keagen smugly, watching as he laughs along with the coach.

I shrug my shoulders indifferently, "Maybe. Hey, have you seen Zander around school today? He said he'd be back by the end of the week, and it is Friday already . . . " I frown in confusion and look down at my phone, checking for any messages from him. Nothing, ugh. Where is he?

She frowns and looks back towards the school, "I could have sworn I did, didn't you see him in any of your classes?" She turns back towards me. "I seriously thought I saw him in the hallway today."

My heart drops to my stomach, sadness taking over. "No I didn't see him at all." Maybe he didn't want to see me.

"That's weird, try texting him!" She points to my phone, overly excited that I should text him.

I give her a weird look but grab my phone anyways, "Okay?"

Hey, are you back yet? :) -S

"That's good, now send it!" She's basically bouncing in her seat by now, a huge smile plastered across her face.

I look up at her then glance down at my phone. "Why are you so excited about this?"