Chapter 26. That's One Special Potato.

"This movie sucks." Gina whines from beside me, groans of annoyance passing her lips every now and again. I roll my eyes and push a piece of popcorn into her mouth, catching her by surprise. She sits up quickly and coughs, beating on her chest to get the piece unstuck.

"Stop whining." I whisper, winking over at her while I pop another piece into my mouth. No wonder they call it pop corn, ha!

"Why I outta - "

"Shh, this is my favorite part!" Zander shushes us both, his gaze totally engrossed in the Star Wars movie playing. Gina and I stare at him blankly, then look back at each other and roll our eyes. Plopping back against the couch, I lazily continue to shove popcorn in my mouth while Gina rests her head on my shoulder.

"Boom!" Zander shouts in excitement, causing Gina and I to both jump in fright. He notices our scared looks and sheepishly smiles back, "Oops?"

I giggle softly and pat Gina's head while she softly whines. "You're like a sad dog." I state with my hand still in her hair.

She snorts loudly and sits up, glowering over at me. "If you're not careful, this doggy will bite."

I giggle and pat her head again, pulling her back to lay down beside me. "Yeah yeah, go to sleep doggy." I smile down at her and then turn back to the movie. She falls asleep quickly, snoring low enough not to disturb Zander but loud enough to annoy me.

This is definitely one long movie.

~•~

I gaze up at the stars, a small smile on my face and a hand in the popcorn bowl. I giggle and point towards one star, "That one looks like a potato!"

Zander snorts loudly, "Cupcake, they all look like potatoes if you bunch them together."

I pout and drop my hand back down, "But that one looks like a special potato."

He laughs softly and turns his head to grin down at me, "You're a special potato." He moves his hand up then bops my nose, pulling away quickly to dodge my attacks.

"Did you seriously just call me a potato?" I sit up to look down at him, a glare set across my face and a pout on my lips.

He sits up too, his grin softening into a small smile. He scoots closer, "A special potato." He bops my nose again then pulls back laughing hysterically. I roll my eyes and slap his shoulder, a giggle slipping past my lips.

We both laugh then sigh in content, falling back against the roof to look at the stars. We've been up here for a while, just laughing and seeking out different shapes in the sky. Gina had fallen asleep during the movie, so we covered her up and snuck up to the roof.

I sigh softly, "Do you ever wonder what'd it be like to be a star? To just sit in the sky for all to see?"

Zander hums from beside me, "No, I haven't really thought of it until now."

I giggle and look over at him, "What do you think about?" I teasingly poke his side, earning a small glare from him. I grin playfully then roll onto my side, propping myself onto my elbow.

He rolls over too and mimics my position. He smirks, his eyebrows slightly raised. "Are you sure you want to know the answer to that question?"

I gasp loudly and punch his shoulder, "Ewe!" He busts up laughing, his eyes sparkling brightly in the dim light of the sky. My breathing slows, my heart stuttering in my chest. Butterflies erupt in my stomach as I stare at him. His laugh sounds like a melody in the night, his smile brighter than the moon.