EIGHT

(edited) --> Don't forget to vote by pressing the little star. Thank you <3

Dylan's POV

A WEEK LATER

It was the end of the day and the class got dismissed. I packed my textbooks into my bag leaving some behind for me to show to Miss. Williams. I walked up to her desk, "you wanted to see me?" I say prepared to take her criticism.

She nods as I hand her two of my textbooks with notes, exam question, etc. She takes a look at my maths textbook first since she's my maths teacher. She starts going through the pages, scanning up and down without saying anything, which only makes me nervous even more. She suddenly closes the textbook and gives her full attention to me.

"Great work Dylan. I can see you're really trying... and it's working. Keep it up and you'll pass without even knowing. You're really intelligent, don't let me down" With that she walks out of the classroom and probably into her office, leaving me behind. I let out one of my biggest sighs of relief in the history.

I then realised that I have to go to Mrs. Green's classroom as well to show her my science textbook. So I quickly ran out of the classroom, through the big corridor and finally stopped at Mrs. Green's door. I knocked twice to see if I can come in.

"Come in" I hear Mrs. Green say from the classroom, so I come inside and close the door behind me walking towards her desk.

"I see you brought your science textbook" I just nod and show her the book. She starts looking at the cover of the textbook and seems impressed by the fact that I drew the whole periodic table out, she then goes further on in the book to have a look at some notes and questions that I answered, she nods her head every time she see's a green tick next to the answer.

"Yeah everything alright Dylan, I can really see you're improving and trying your best, keep trying like that and you'll pass science in your sleep. How did maths go for you?" She motivates me and then asks about what Miss. Williams had said to me.

"She said I'm doing great" I give her a short answer and she smiles so I return the smile back, "Well that's good to hear... You know your study tutor, Melanie. She seems to have a good affect on you, keep her close Dylan, you'll get far with her" I can't help but grin. What did she mean by that? I think to myself still grinning.

I take my science revision textbook from Mrs. Green and start heading out of the classroom, "Thanks Mrs. Green" I quickly say before I close the door behind me.

I walk towards my locker to put in some of the books that I don't need and I already spot the boys waiting for me.

"How's my boy D?" Johnny says as he comes up to me to give me a hug and then pats my back, so I start to pat his back in return as well, "Yeah I'm cool, how's yourself?" I ask. 

He shrugs, "Well you know, the usual" I can't help but shake my head and laugh because he obviously meant he has a lot of girls on his line.

"Coming with us?" Josh asks.

"Umm... I can't" I just simply say hoping they won't ask why.

"What? why?" Oh fuck.

"I already have something"

"Man you always seem to have something nowadays" Alex speaks up being grumpy again.

I sigh. "Wanna ride at least?" Michael offers, "Nah I'm good. See ya later yeah" I give them a small nod as I close my locker and start walking away from them.

The only reason why they're not interrogating me is because they probably think there's a girl involved, otherwise they would have been on my neck for always putting them second. So I just let them think that, no need to specify the details, right?

"Oh hey Dylan, wanna come to my place later? Parents flew to Chicago for a while" Tasha suddenly appears from nowhere. I sigh again, ugh every time I'm busy and need to hurry the fuck up, this happens. "I can't. Already have something" I say in a rush.

"But Dylan-"

"I'm busy." I cut her off as I keep walking in the same direction I was.

I start walking out of the school, past the parking lot and go in the opposite direction that I would normally go, not my house but Melanie's.

I finally spot Melanie walking home with someone that I assume is her friend, I quickly get close to her and tap her shoulder from behind as she jumps up from fear but then sees me and sighs in relief, "Don't do that again please" she says and I smile.

Her friend looks at me and then looks at her while she raises one of her eyebrows and I see it, which only makes me smile more, again compliment taken. "I'll catch you later" her friend says as we both nod at her and she starts walking away from us.

"How did the talking go?" She asks me.

"Apparently I'm uhh.. oh yeah, intelligent" I scoff as she starts laughing leaving me analyse every little detail on her laughing face, I look at her while she's laughing and a smile makes a way onto my face.

"Oh and apparently you have a good affect on me, so I should keep you close" she stops laughing and stops walking, just looking me in the eyes trying to figure out what that meant.

"I'm really happy for you" she then proceeds to say, smiling at me again.

"Thanks, all your work though" I say as we start walking again. She looks so good without her glasses.

"No really, thanks" I truly say and she nods her head. "Which brings me to my next point" she frowns looking slightly confused now.

"I wanna take you to the cinema today... as a thanks"

"Ughhh, I can't. Some friends are coming over today" she says turning my offer down.

"Wait. You have friends?" I say in a joking way which makes her laugh, "No but really, they can come another time" I say as I laugh as well.

"I already promised them Dylan" She says sounding a bit sad.

"Umm what kind of friends are we talking about? because technically I'm your friend as well, so how come I never got an invite?" I tease.

"Well, you know... Tom, Chelsea-"

"Wait, wait. Tom?... Big ass glasses Tom?!" I interrupt her as I heard her mention his name, she just nods along and I give her a serious look.

"Whaaat?! we used to date"

I gasp, "You. Used. To. Date. Tom?!" I say in shock and mouth Wow to myself. I thought this girl can do better. I honestly hate that guy, for no apparent reason as well, his face just annoys the shit out of me.

"I'm kidding" She starts laughing and I turn to her, "really?" I squint my eyes. This girl. "I would love to go to the movies with you" She adds on and I gasp again.

"Wait. What happened with your friends coming over? Does that mean I'm more important?"

"Actually no. I just said that for fun, I wanted to see how you'd react and it was worth it" She says laughing again, I chuckle to her attempt of a prank.

I clap my hands together before continuing, "Okay I'll pick you up at six then" I say as we reach her door, she just nods whilst opening her door and then goes inside.

So now that I walked her home and asked her to the movies, I have to walk all the way back home, take a shower, etc. and then walk to her place at six again. Oh god.

I'm nervous and I don't even know why.

I shouldn't be this nervous, it's only a friendly meet up with a girl who occasionally gives me lessons on science. A girl who's overly blunt but somehow believes in me like no one I've ever seen and something about that makes my heart skip a beat faster.