Epilogue

Daniel's POV (Melanie's and Dylan's son)

Checking the time on my phone, I realise that I slept over again. I abruptly get off from my bed and into my bathroom, taking a quick shower in the process. Once I get out with a towel around my waist, I see my phone vibrating on my homework desk, not that I really do homework unless it's really necessary, but I do other things on that desk, I'll let you figure out which things by yourself.

I walk over to the white wooden desk and see that it's my bro Max. He's more like a best best friend but I take him as a brother because there's not a day where we're not together, he basically lives in our guest room.

"Yo man?" I ask as soon as I put the phone on loud speaker.

"You slept over again." he says in a not-surprised tone. I was up all night yesterday, we were at this party that Christy threw. Some would say she's my girlfriend or whatever, some would say we're fuck buddies. It was fun though, we always have fun at hers, especially since everyone's throwing these different parties every Friday because high school's almost over so we're trying to make the best of it.

"Dude, it's your birthday today, you can't be falling asleep" he says once again when he hears me not saying a word.

"I'm getting ready for school, I can't talk, but see you there yeah?" I say as I make my way towards the desk again, wanting to end the call.

"Cool, I'll tell the rest of the guys you're on your way. Bye" with that I press the red button, ending the call and go straight into my wardrobe picking out white denim shorts, grey Hollister shirt and an olive green bomber jacket with some grey Timberland boots.

I stand in front of my big mirror, styling my hair with wax and a comb in my hand. My hair is the most important thing in my look, always is and chicks dig that. Some say that I'm a man-whore, ladies man but I say it's all in the skills.

I slide my phone into the back pocket of my shorts and start walking down the stairs greeting my mom in the process. She used to go to the same high school as me which is weird because it's like 20 years ago and a lot has changed.

"Dan, we have something to talk about today, so when you finish school come right home" My mom tells me giving me that look.

"Mom, Max is throwing me this party, I'm too old for surprises now, don't you think?" I tell her in the same tone bored tone, wanting to go to school already and as much as I hate school, I'd pick it over this talk any time.

"That's not what I was going to talk about. Aunt Eve and Michael are coming over today, we wanna speak about your father."

A sudden wave of anger builds up inside me and I can feel it building up from the bottom of my feet, quickly making it's way up to my chest.

"Aunt Eve? Why does she suddenly want to come to our house? it's not like she ever visits, unless she doesn't have business meetings with who ever she has them with-"

I instantly get interrupted from my mother talking over me, "Don't you dare talk about your aunt like that!"

"And why not? why are you defending her?" I ask in rage.

"Because she's your aunt and our only family."

"Oh really? because I think you forgot about your mom and dad, but they never care to make a visit either. Oh and my grandfather from my dad's side, he's a prick too, he never once came to my birthday, the only thing I receive from him is a card with a 100 dollar note inside it, how generous of him." I sarcastically spit because of the anger in my veins.

"So don't you dare teach me about family because they sure as hell ain't ours" I make my last point, breaking the silence.

With that being said I left the house, slamming the door behind me to make a statement. Just when I get to the school premisses with my car, I stop the engine in my usual spot and put my head on the steering wheel, unbuckling my seatbelt.