FIFTEEN

Dylan's POV

(edited) --> Don't forget to vote by pressing the little star. Thank you <3

Walking through the schools corridors, making my way to my locker I spot Melanie walking in the opposite direction with nerdy guy Tom and her other three friends who I have no idea off. She walks past as if I wasn't even there, as if I was a ghost, just kept on laughing at Tom's jokes.

Her wide smile makes my heart melt, but when she doesn't notice me, my heart breaks. I shake the thought out of my head and carry on walking towards my locker, I blown it a couple of times, of course she's not gonna keep forgiving me, worst thing is I still have no idea about what I did to her.

I haven't spoken to her in a month now, no texting, no calling. She doesn't want anything to do with me and if I must be honest it wasn't the best month of my life, my grades are dropping again and I'm "not as good as I used to be" in football too.

It's been a hell of a month actually, teachers have been complaining about me, saying I'm not participating at all, not trying at all, that I should put more effort and get motivation again because I won't make it into a college if I carry on like this. I mean there's nothing new it that, but how am I supposed to get motivation when apparently I've been saying shit about Melanie, the only girl I care about at the moment.

Then there's the boys trying to push me into coming out of the house more, bringing me to all of these parties that I find lame and stupid, I honestly go with them and then sit in the corner watching everyone else enjoy themselves while I'm on my phone falling asleep. Besides that, they tell me to tag along with them after school which usually ends up playing football so that the girls can watch them and mainly the cheer leading squad, once we're done with the match they tell me to come with them and they go off to somewhere different each time but obviously with girls who took their time watching them play.

They force me into talking to all of these girls with good looks but no personality, I don't know, normally I'd like that, you know, talking to stupid girls who only want to have fun, but not any more, well since I met Mel.

To add to that list, Tasha was on my back for the whole month and that was a tragedy. She even came knocking on my door, asking my mum if I'm home and leaving messages for me, saying she's sorry and all that crap. I just don't know, normally I would take her back but I can't seem to do that any more.

I stop stressing about my depressing life and make my way to my next period which is unfortunately Maths. Here goes watching Melanie and not paying attention to anything else other than her the whole time again.

I grab some of my textbooks out of my bag and set them on my desk as Melanie walks into the classroom with her best friend Alicia, at least I think that's what she's called.

She gives me a glance that I catch and she immediately turns her gaze the opposite direction, soon we hear the bell ringing so we all take our seats waiting for the teacher to come in.

During the lesson I keep staring at Melanie not even caring if I'm being secret about it or not, sometimes she looks back at me to see if I'm still staring because she can probably feel my eyes on her and when she does see me looking at her, she averts her eyes straight at the board again.

God, she's so beautiful. I think to myself.

I don't know if I just silently admitted to myself that I do actually like her, but what does it matter anyway? She can't stand me.

An hour or so later the lesson finishes and we are dismissed so we start packing our stuff away. I take a last look at Melanie as she's leaving and I know I'm probably gonna regret this afterwards but I can't take this any more, she's always with Tom, he's waiting for her outside the classroom just now.