EIGHTEEN

Melanie's P.O.V

"You sure you wanna do this?" Eve looks at me before knocking on the door of Dylan's. I've never been to his house before, to be honest he never really talked about his personal life, other than his relationship with Michael or some of his other boys. I take a deep breath in and give her a small nod, she then reaches her hand out towards the door and knocks on it a couple of times.

Before we know it someone opens the door, "Is Dylan here?" I say but his face stays blank, "And who are you?" he says in a stern voice making me uncomfortable since I know all of his friends don't like me talking to him.

"People, asshole!" Eve opens her mouth and takes him by surprise by her choice of words. He was not expecting that.

"I know who you are, you're the geek, Melanie, right?" I put my head down in shame. Apparently that's what I am to everyone in the school. I collect myself together and start speaking again, "Michael we just wanna speak to him, that's all".

"Yeah? well what if he doesn't want to speak to you?" he spits back. I know I'm getting nowhere with this so I just let out a sigh and grab Eve by the wrist, giving her a sign of leaving. Before I know it, Eve escapes my grip and walks back to the house, she stops Michael from closing the door and raises her voice making me sigh. Ugh not again.

"Hey listen whatever your name is, she is a human being and my cousin, you do not talk to her like that ever again." At this point he has a smirk plastered on his face waiting for her to shoot more threats.

"Or what little girl?" he whispered but I still heard. "Move!"

She pushes him out of the door way and walks straight into the house. OH MY GOD WHAT IS SHE DOING. Michael shoots daggers at me with his eyes for a while and then runs of further into the house, trying to catch Eve while I just stand there waiting for something to happen.

It was a mistake coming here. Oh god. I'm such an idiot, not only are they going to be talking about the fact that I'm a geek but that my cousin has no respect what so ever as well. This is just great!

As footsteps start to approach me from behind, I turn around to grab Eve by the hand to drag her out, but when I turn around I notice that it's not Eve but Dylan himself. I feel heat rushing over me from the embarrassment that we both just made and by that I mean me and Eve. He walks closer to me, intimidating me with every step he takes forward because his walk is very slow and subtle, his eyes not leaving mine, a genuine smile appeared on his face and soon progressed into a smirk making me smile like an idiot even more.

I put my head down in shame, trying to cover my red cheeks as he stops right before me, placing his index finger under my chin and slightly lifting it up to make me look him in the eye, "You just couldn't stay away from me, hm?" he says and lets out a small chuckle, as do I. The sentence comes out more like a statement than a question and I feel really vulnerable so I just roll my eyes to cover up the fact that he's right.

Unexpectedly, his lips end up on mine taking my breath away, leaving me in utter shock and my eyes wide open, his index finger still under my chin and his thumb now caressing it. Eventually I close my eyes and give in, enjoying the moment once again, only this time it's better because it was he who kissed me, not the other way around. Although he always makes the first move so I can't take all the credit.

We pull away to the sound of someone coughing, Eve. Now I feel even more embarrassed, my younger cousin just saw me making out with my crush, great. "You wanna come inside?" he whispers in my ear, I can still feel the warmth of his body, smell his strong cologne. Like dude how am I supposed to think straight? You just kissed me.

Like sure we kissed last time but this time was different, it felt so different, it was so unexpected like one minute he talks then the other he wont let me even start speaking and just kisses me instead, last time I knew he was going to kiss me, now it's just... uh I don't know how to explain.

He stays really close to me and looks me in the eye, his body over towering me, I then come back to my senses and shake off everything I just had on my mind, I give him a light nod telling him that I'm okay with going to his place. We walk to the house, his hand on my waist and it feels really weird, really, really weird. Eve is still standing there in the doorway looking at us coming closer to her as Michael then shows up at the door as well and Dylan's hand automatically drops.

I see, he doesn't want his friends to know he likes me... that's if he does like me.

We go straight into the kitchen through the living room, not taking our shoes off, the house is quite small, smaller than ours for sure, quite cosy actually.

"Mom, this is Melanie, Melanie, my mom" Dylan introduces us. She turns around from cooker and cleans her hands in the apron she's wearing before extending her arm out to me and I gladly shake it, "Nice to meet you Mrs Coopers" I shoot a small smile.

"Likewise. I've heard a lot about you from Dylan" I pause for a second and look to my left to look at Dylan rolling his eyes, what is that supposed to mean? I then look back at his mom as she starts speaking again, "so are you two a thing now?" Whooa was not expecting that at all.

I look at him once more, maybe he could help me out here, I don't know what to say and he's not speaking either, everything is more awkward now because we're not speaking and making the silence even longer and now I'm panicking because Eve and Michael are just staring at us waiting for an answer as well, like what do I do? I didn't ask to be in this position.

"We are-" we both start speaking at once and his mom is just staring at us wanting to know more,oh god. "No. Umm, we're not uh, uh thing?" Oh my god, I sound so unsure, "We are not a thing, no" I clear out for everyone, changing my voice into a very serious one so that they'd believe me.

But then again what are we? I know it's a bit too early to be thinking about this right now but we get along, we've been getting along for the whole three months and for the past three months all I ever did was think about him, hoping he'd come for our next tutoring class or whatever, hoping we'd be able to watch movies together, laugh together, eat pizza and stuff... Hoping he'll kiss me and take me out again sometime.

If now is not the time for me to be thinking about what we are, then when is it?

A/N * * *

Sorry guys short chapter again after not updating for five thousand years lol SORRY* 

Make sure to vote by pressing the little star.

Dani xxox