Chapter 3

"So?" My friend, Reilly, asks with wide eyes.

"So what?" I ask, closing my locker.

"So, did you see any hot guys last week?" She asks while we walk to Calculus. I smirk and look at the ground and watch the tiles go past us. "I knew it!" She stops me.

"We have to get to class." I protest.

"You're telling me one way or another." She moves out of my way. I walk in the doorway of Calc and Colton stood up. I wave at him and try not to make eye contact. I sit down in my usual front row seat. I had a feeling he was going to move up closer to me. I close my eyes as I see his shadow.

"Where were you last week?" He asks.

"In New York." I say, right as the bell rings.

"Alright class," The teacher begins.

I look back at Colton. He was writing down the notes. I still don't understand how someone so cute can like me. He glances over at me and then stares at me. He smiles. I blush, forgetting I was looking back. I face the front and copy down the notes.

Once the bell had rung, I began to run down the hall to get to my locker.

"Hey! Wait! Ava!" I hear Colton call out. I didn't look back. I couldn't. I knew what he wanted to talk about and I just couldn't right now.

I open my locker and, as fast as I could, put my Calc book in my locker and grabbed my coat. I put it on as I was walking down the stairs, which were near my locker.

"Ava!" I hear him scream from the top of the staircase. "Please. I need to talk." I could hear his footsteps as he made his way down the stairs.

I went down the busy hallway and I got stuck right in the center. I felt someone grab my arm. I look up and it was Colton. He had a plead in his eyes. I just agree so he'll leave me alone.

He takes me to the side and walks into the janitors closest. He closes the door and stares into my eyes.

"Why didn't you text me?" He asks.

"I met someone." I look down at the ground. It wasn't in shame, it was because I didn't want to look at him. He was sensitive.

"Who?" He could barely speak. I shake my head.

"His name is Harry." I decide to just tell him the truth.

"I thought what we had was special." He puts his arm around my waist.

"Colton, we made out at the party and that's it. We were drunk." I remind him.

"I wasn't." He moves me closer.

"Colton!" I scream out. He covers my mouth.

"Shh. I know you like me. Why can't you admit it?" He whispers in my ear. Chills go down my body. I may have a thing for him but what he did to me at that party can never be forgiven. I bite his hand and he slaps me. "Don't do that again or I will do serious damage." He moves me so close to his body I could feel his heart rate. I move my face away from his. He let's go and unlocks the door. "I'll text you later." He says walking out of the room.

I stay in the closet for a while. My heart was racing and my mind was everywhere. I close my eyes and try to think straight. I kept getting flashes of the party.

"Your turn Ava."

I look up to see Colton with a smirk on his face. This was it. I spin the bottle for my last time that night. It lands dead on Colton. This time, it wasn't just drunk makeout session. This time was different.