Chapter 7

"This is your final test for this class. Good luck." My math teacher says while the tests are being passed back from the front row. I hold my breathe. This was my final. This was it. I had to do well. I wasn't doing well in math as it was so this was my last chance to get my grade up so I can get into the college I want to be in.

My test gets on my desk and I pass the rest back. I look at the first question and my mind goes blank. Shit.

I look over at Reilly and she gives me the same look back. We were screwed.

"Is there a problem Miss. Bell?" I hear my teacher ask.

"Umm, no." I shake my head and look through the test. I wanted to cry.

I have SATs tomorrow and I can't even pass a math final. I'm screwed. I'm so screwed.

I just tired my best on the test and prayed to God that I would at least get a C.

Reilly and I went to our lockers after the bell has rung.

"How did you think you did?" She asked.

"I failed math again. I'm so done with this school." I slam my locker.

"You can take summer school." She shrugs.

"My parents are going to be pissed. My mom told me if I fail math that I can't go to New York to visit Harry." I sigh.

"There has to be a way for you to get extra credit. Maybe you should go talk to Mr. Greash about it." She suggests. I nod.

"I'll be right back and then we can go get some coffee." I say. She nods as she puts her pictures from her locker into her purse. It was the last day the seniors had to be at school.

I knock on the Calc door and Mr. Greash looks up from grading our tests.

"Yes?" He questions.

"I know it's last minute and everything but I was wondering if there is anything I can do, last minute, to bring my grade up to a passing grade." I question.

"I'm sorry Ava but this is the last day for the seniors. If you would have asked yesterday, I would have had something for you." He looks a bit disappointed.

"Please Mr. Greash. I need to pass this class. I'll do anything." I plead.

"Fine. If you write me a five page paper on your future plan and why then I'll give you a C." He says. I wanted to cry.

"Thank you so much. I'll do it tonight. I promise." I almost hugged him. Instead I just awkwardly wave. He chuckles and waves back.

I run up to Reilly, who was still cleaning out her locker. She looks at me and by my smile, she knew I had gotten extra credit.

"Yay. That means you can spend that week with Harry." She has a huge smile on her face.

"I just have to buckle down tonight and actually write this paper." I sigh.

"It'll be okay. It worth it because of Harry." She winks.

I walk into my front entrance and hear a loud thud come from upstairs. I place my backpack by the side table near the door and slowly go up the long staircase.

"Hello?" I call out. I wasn't sure if it was a person or something just fell. "Is someone here?" I call out again. I wasn't too sure why I was asking. They weren't going to answer if they were here to rob me or murder me.

I turn the corner into my room and scan every piece of visible space. I had the weird feeling that someone was in my house uninvited.

Right before I was about to check my closet, someone whispers in my ear.

"You look stunning." My heart flipped. I turn around and hit him.

"I hate you so much!" I pout.

"Did I scare you?" He laughed.

"I thought you weren't coming until next week?" I ask.

"I thought I would surprise you." He smiled, proudly. He was so cute.

"Well you did." I hit him again.

"What is with all this hitting?" He hits me back. I laugh and hit him again.

"I'm not too sure. I'm under a lot of pressure." I shake my head.

"Well how about I take you out tonight then?" He smirks.

"I can't tonight. I have to do a paper. If I don't then I don't graduate." I sigh. "I really want to though." I tug on his shirt a little. He looks down at me and chuckles.

"How about tomorrow then? Will you be graduated then?" He asks.

"Yeah. That should be good." I get really close to him.

He smirks and pecks my lips with his. I look into his eyes and take his face and our lips lock together. His kisses were gentle and kind. It felt right. Everything about being with him felt perfect. I sound pathetic but I think we are meant for each other.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He questions. I peck his lips again.

"Tomorrow." I bite my bottom lip and he examines my face. I back away and go to my laptop. "But right now, I have to work."

"Can't I just stay for a while?" He pouts.

"Fine but you can't distract me from this paper." I protest.

"What's the paper about?" He asks.

"My whole life plan. I don't even know what to say really." I sigh and stare at the curser as it taunts me that I'm never going to have enough pages.

"Just explain your plans with college. Then explain your plan with being a professional singer. You can even add how many kids you want and where you wanna raise your family." He suggests. I laugh at how he was so dorky but that's basically what I'm going to write about.

"Alright, sounds like a plan." I inform him as I start to write my attention getter. I thought putting it in MLA format would get more extra credit even though this isn't English class, it's Calc.

I worked on the paper for almost four hours and Harry was here the whole time. He even went to Wendy's and got me some spicy chicken nuggets with a chocolate frosty. I knew then and there that I was in love. I'm kidding of course.

"It's almost midnight. I probably should be heading back to the motel. I hope you wrote a great paper because I want you to graduate." He smiles while putting his hand on my shoulder. I reach back and take his hand.

"Me too." I reply. I stand up from my computer desk chair and look him in the eye. "Thank you for staying with me tonight. I just like having your presence." I slightly smile and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll always be here for you." He gnawed on the inside of his mouth. "I want to be the one who always makes you feel safe." He smiles with his lips touching and his dimples deeply showing.

"I think you have already accomplished that." I would only slightly smile and then go back to a straight face.

He places the palm of his hand where my jaw begins and then smoothly curls his fingers on the side of my face. He moves his palm so my face would reach upward, towards his. He bends down so his lips could touch mine and he kisses me gently but with so much passion. It was the best kiss I have ever experienced.

"I really like you, Ava." He whispers as we break apart.

"I like you too." I reply. He backs up and smirks.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Wear something pretty." He winks and leaves my room.

I stand in the same position for a long time. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. Harry had a way with words and he also had a way with his body. He knew how to convince women that he was the perfect man.

I always wonder if Harry is just using me. Maybe he just wants to make sure that his new label company is successful. Maybe he just wants me to become huge so that he becomes a someone. But really, he already is a someone. He lied about not having friends in the city. I wonder if he lied about knowing Louis. I wonder if he lied about liking me. Maybe, just maybe, I'm being played.