Chapter 6

"Here is where I had my first kiss." I laugh, pointing at the only bench in the park. I sit down on the bench. I watch Harry smile and walk to the bench.

"How did it go?" He jokes.

"It was extremely awkward actually. It was with my best guy friend at the time. Everyone was bragging about their first kiss so we decided since we were the only ones in school who hadn't kissed anyone yet that we would just get it over with. We were only 10 at the time too so it was still gross to even have a boyfriend. He just pecked my lips but it counted." I laugh.

"Mine was worse then that." He laughs.

"How so?" I question.

"Well it was with my first girlfriend when I was around 10 as well. We went down in this wooded area behind my house. I really liked her but we were 10 and I didn't really know what to do. But we kissed and yeah." He was the worst story teller ever. I chuckle to myself at this thought.

"What?" He looks confused.

"Oh nothing." I chuckle again.

"You wouldn't be laughing for no reason." He crosses his arms. I shake my head.

"No. No. It's nothing." I grab his arms to try and uncross them. Once our skin touched, my heart rate picked up. He smirks. I let go and try and play it cool.

"Again, you wouldn't be laughing if there wasn't something funny." His voice got raspy and low. I couldn't even speak. I couldn't even move. He licks his lips and I wanted to kiss him so bad at that moment.

"You're just the w-worst story teller ever." I finally say. He nods in agreement.

"I get that a lot." He smiles. I smile too. He uncrosses his arms and reaches down for my hands. He pulls me up so we can continue walking. "What else is there to see?" He asks.

"Well, my favorite thing in the whole town is the stage in the middle of the park." I smile. I begin to drag him along as I run to the stage.

I stand in front of it and smile. I look over at him and he's examining the way it is.

"It's really cute." He finally speaks.

"It's the first place I ever sang." I begin my story. My favorite story at that.

"Go on." His eyes twinkled.

"I was 13 years old and it was the summer fair. We have this annual contest on the third day of the fair. The first place winner wins a chance to go to NYC to meet with a big time label company. I obviously was very interested in this contest but you had to be 13 to enter. So once it was the summer I was 13, I entered. I sang Down to Earth by Justin Bieber. It was one of my favorite songs at the moment. Anyways, there is amazing talent in my town. This one girl sang Respect and I just knew she was going to win. Surprisingly, she got second."

"So you got first, right?"

"Sadly, I got last place. I haven't gave up on my dream though. The judges told me I wasn't ready yet. I needed more practice and experience. I was okay with that. It was fine. I knew that I was young and there wasn't a great chance that I was going to win. But look where I am now. I'm with Harry Styles talking about failure." I chuckle.

"We both failed but we are still going. We could be a power couple." He winks. I smirk and blush at this.

"You need to stop that." I gently push him. He over exaggerates and pretends to fall on the ground. I push him for real and he does fall. I laugh and help him up.

"I can't help it but I might just stop now because you're so aggressive." He frowns. I laugh because his sad face looks so fake, it's cute.

"You won't stop. Admit it. You like me." I wink.

"I like you a lot." He blushes. I blush too.

"Umm, where to next?" I look around the park. "How about we just walk and talk?" I ask. He nods.

"If I'm with you, that's okay." He smiles. I roll my eyes and take his hand.

"So have you talked to Louis in a while?" I ask. He looks over at me with sad eyes.

"Umm, he doesn't really have time for me lately." He chokes out.

"Oh. What about the other guys?" I ask.

"I talked to Zayn the other day. He's going to Uni to become an English teacher." He informs me.

"What about the others?" I ask.

"We don't talk. Liam works at his dad's airplane factory and is engaged. Niall still sings a little bit but he mostly plays guitar for his new band. I think he goes to Uni but I'm not sure really." He sighs.

"Do you miss them?" I squeeze his hand.

"All the time. We were suppose to make it huge together. I guess plans change." He bites his lower lip.

"I'm sorry I brought it up." I apologize.

"No. It's okay. It's not your fault." He shakes his head. "Anyways," He takes a deep breathe. "Have you thought about Manhattan?" He asks about college.

"I have. They just don't have a music program there so I might look at another college that is closer to the studio." I say. He nods.

"Sounds acceptable."

We were so awkward together. We didn't have much to talk about other than music and college. I didn't know what to say to him.

"Hey, umm, I should probably be getting home." I say.

"Oh, okay." He nods. "You need a ride?" He asks.

"No. I'm fine. Thank you though." I smile.

We walk back to the frozen yogurt shop. He gets into his black range rover and waves goodbye. I wave back and start to walk down the street to my red bug. He drives by as I'm getting into the car. He honks and speeds off.

I walk in my front door. I just don't understand why he makes me feel this way. I shouldn't be dating him since he's my boss. He's the one that made the move on me though. It's not my fault. I close my eyes.

"Are you okay?" My mom scares me. I jump and laugh.

"Yeah I'm okay." I shake my head, while still chuckling to myself.

"How did your date go?" She asks.

"It was fine." I say.

"Just fine?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, just fine." I smile.

"Yeah sure." She smirks.

I walk into the living room and fall on the couch. I couldn't help but smile and freak out a little bit. He was so perfect, in a way. I was falling hard for him and it was scary yet so exciting. I needed someone after my whole Colton and James things. I needed someone who was better then James. I really think I found him. I really think we could have a future together.