Chapter 4

"Maybe your parents could go with you." Reilly suggests. I shake my head.

"They still will say no." I look down at the ground.

"Do you like him?" She asks.

"Of course I like him." I shyly reply. She smirks.

"Then you need to see him again."

I couldn't get it around her head that this was crazy. This was never going to work out. Of course I liked him, but that doesn't mean that I'm meant for him. He was just someone I met while on a college tour. I had a better chance with Colton then with Harry. Harry was hotter and a lot sweeter. His accent was a bonus. Also, the way he could sing melted my heart.

"I should just worry about my singing for now." I try and change the subject.

"Didn't he say he wanted to come hear you sing?" She continues to speak of him.

"Yes but that's not the point. Can we just not talk about him for a while?" I almost demand.

"Yeah, sure. I'm sorry. I just have no excitement in my life at the moment." She pushes her hair behind her ear.

"No, it's fine. That sounded bitchy, I'm sorry." I shake my head. She throws me my pillow pet. I snuggle with it while I lay my head on my pillow.

"How about we just head to bed and we can talk about things some other time?" I suggest.

"Yeah. Goodnight Ava." She turns the lights off.

My mind still wasn't off him. Tomorrow morning I had a gig at the country club. It was crazy to think that I actually had a real gig. My mom was more nervous than I was though. She is always so worried. The guys loved me at the night club, they still will love me after this.

----

"It's time to wake up!" I hear Reilly scream in my ear. I punch her in the gut and I hear her drop to the ground. I smirk to myself and roll to the other side. "No, seriously. You need to get up." She demands. I sigh, loudly. I roll the covers off me and sit up. She's still on the floor.

"Get up. I didn't hit you that hard." I touch her with my foot.

"You're a jerk sometimes." She says.

"Yeah I know." I smirk, getting out of bed and picking out my clothes for this mornings gig. I had to warm up my voice while I was in the shower.

"So what song are you going to sing?" My mom asked while I start to eat my eggs.

"I was thinking of singing Team by Lorde." I say. She nods.

"I like when you sing that song." She smiles. "You want some coffee while I'm up?"

"Could you actually make me tea?" I ask. She nods. Reilly comes down the stairs with her hair curled and her makeup done. "Wow. Don't you look hot." I wink. She makes a face at me. I laugh.

"You never know who you could meet at a country club. I thought I might as well make myself doable." She winks.

"Yeah because you're totally going to meet your future husband today." I roll my eyes.

"You never know." She grabs a piece of toast and begins to eat it. My mom hands me my tea and I blow on it to cool it down.

I actually hated tea but it was good to drink before singing. I needed everything I could get today. This was my chance. Dakota had told me that there were important people that came to his country club. This made me more nervous. Even thinking this made me want to throw up.