Chapter 8

"Here you are Mr. Greash." I place my paper on his desk while giving him a comforting smile. He nods and goes back to typing on his keyboard. "Are you not going to read it?" I was getting anxious. He smirks to his computer screen and then looks over at me.

"Would you like for me to read it now, Miss. Bell?" He playfully asks. I nod, fiercely. He smirks again. He picks up my paper from where I laid it and begins to read. My heart was beating so fast that I could feel it in my fingertips. I started to chew on the canker sore inside my mouth. "You might as well take a seat, Miss. Bell. I may be reading this for a while." I sit, straight down, as soon as he was finished speaking. My right knee was bouncing from all the tension in my body. You can't fail math another semester or you're failing senior year.

"I don't mean to sound pushy but I have to take my SATs in about an hour." My eye began to twitch. He nods in understanding. I close my eyes and try to focus on anything else. I decide to focus on last night and my kiss with Harry. This relaxes me quite a bit and I sigh of relief.

"Alright." I open my eyes to see that Mr. Greash has finished reading my paper. "I may not be an English major but I can see there are some grammar mistakes." He squints his eyes. "But," I hold my breath. "It's well written and has all the requirements. Nicely done, Miss. Bell." He smiles.

I jump right out of my seat and go for a hug but then I remember he's my teacher so I back away. I give him a huge smile.

"Thank you so much." I squeal a little.

"Congratulations Miss. Bell. You're officially a graduate." He nods and goes back to his computer. I nod to myself and exit his room.

I run down the hall way and scream. One of the assistant teachers yells at me and reminds me there is class in session. I laugh and run down the staircase near the cafeteria. I have my drivers license and SAT ID ready in hand.

"Hello." Mrs. Miller smiles. "Last chance for you, huh?" She takes my IDs to make sure they match and gives me two number two pencils. "You'll be in the right corner near the water fountain. There should be a teacher to assist you inside." She gestures her hands for me to walk into the cafeteria.

I see Reilly chewing on one of her pencils already in the far left corner. She looks up and sees me. I give her a thumbs up and she gives me a thumbs down. I chuckle and sit down where I was told.

More students were pilling in after I sat down. A student from a school about two hours away, sat across from me. He told me that his parents were going to cut him off if he didn't get at least a 1400 on the test. This made me panic even more and it wasn't even my situation. My parents love me no matter what I score on a stupid test.

"Alright, I have to read some rules so bare with me." The teacher, whom I'm not sure is, begins to say.

Each section was timed and this made me panic even more. I wasn't a great test taker in the first place and to feel rushed didn't help. I studied so hard for this test. I cannot get a low score.

"Time." Was the last thing I heard before handing in my test and running to my car.

Reilly stopped me on my way to my car and asked how I thought I did.

"I at least, maybe, got a 1000. I suck." I make my hands into fists and squeeze them until they turn white. I then let go and take a deep breathe.

"I probably got worse. I didn't even study this time." She shrugs her shoulders. Reilly is a better planner then I am and she has taken the SAT at least three times. Her mom told her to keep taking it in case she gets a better score and could possibly get a scholarship. Her family isn't that wealthy but they want to support their only child while she pursues her dream.