Chapter 5

We were almost home when my phone begins to ring. I reach in my pocket and see that it was Harry.

"Hello?" I wasn't sure what he wanted.

"What are you doing today?" He asks.

"I'm just going to hang out with Reilly. Why?" I ask.

"Since I'm in town, I was wondering if you would like to do something." He asks.

"Sure. What do you have in mind?" I ask.

"I heard about this frozen yogurt place downtown. Wanna come with?" He asks. I chuckle. That place is my favorite.

"Sure. Just let me change and I'll meet you there." I say, pulling up to my house.

Reilly stares at me as I raid through my closet.

"I have nothing!" I complain.

"Why not just wear something you usually do?" She asks.

"Because. He's different." I shake my head. It sounded better in my head.

"Yeah. Okay. That's what you said about Colton." She says.

She was right. I thought Colton was a lot different then what he turned out to be. Lesson learned there.

"I mean it this time. He actually likes me for me and not a sex object." I explain.

"You hardly know him." She reminds me. I shake my head again.

"Well, for what I know, he's not like that. And he offered me a job as a singer so he's my favorite person." I wink. She chuckles.

"I like that one." She says.

I had my bleached overalls on with my lace crop top on. I grab my white converse, that I wear with everything, and slip them on.

"Why don't you ever wear socks? It's so gross." Reilly wrinkles her nose. I roll my eyes.

"I don't find socks comfortable, okay." I give a little attitude. She rolls her eyes and throws a pillow at me. "Hair, up or down?" I ask. She examines me with a thinking face.

"I say down because you can flirt with it." She winks. I blush and look in the mirror. My makeup looked okay for the outfit. I was now ready. Here goes nothing.

I texted Harry that I was on my way downtown. He texted back that he was already there.

Once I entered Yogi! I noticed that there were only two other people in there. There was an older woman, eating a small cup while reading something on her smartphone. And there was Harry. He was waiting to order. Once he saw me, he stood straight up and had a huge smile on his face. I sort of blush and walk over to him.

"Hi." He says.

"Hi." I say back, tucking my hair behind my ear because of the nerves.

"You look really pretty." He compliments me. I smile and look away from him.

"Thanks." I respond.

"You want to order?" He almost demands. I nod and walk up the cashier.

"Hello." He smiles.

"Hi. I would like small vanilla with gummy bears please." I order. I reach for my back pocket to get my credit card out to pay when Harry takes my arm and shakes his head.

"I got this. I invited you." His eyes had a twinkle in them that made my stomach flip.

"O-Okay." I agree. He let's go of my arm and orders himself.

"I'll take a small strawberry with strawberries on top thank you." He says. The way he said strawberries made me want to punch a wall. He was perfection.

"That will be $9.96." The cashier says. Harry takes out his card and pays.

We wait for our yogurt to be made.

"So have you had yogurt here before?" He asks.

"Yeah. My friends and I come here almost every day in the summer." I say.

"That's cool." He bites his lip. This was so awkward. I didn't know what to say. Think Ava, think.

Our yogurts were done and I grab mine. I sit down at my usual table. Harry sits across from me. He examines the way I eat. I give him a confused look. He smile and looks down.

"Sorry, you're just really pretty." He says. I blush.

"Thanks." I didn't know how to respond. Guys do take an interest in me but never tell me I'm pretty.

"I love how you got gummy bears and I got strawberries." He chuckles.

"It pretty much shows that I'm the junk food junkie and you're the health kick one." I laugh.

"I might have to change that." He says in a low tone. I give him a confused look again.

"Well I mean it's not like you're fat or anything." I put down my cup and raise my eyebrows. "No. Oh my gosh, no. Please."

"Then what are you trying to say?" I question.

"That if you were healthy you would live longer and we would have more time together." He says.

I couldn't breathe. Did he just-

"I-" I couldn't even speak. He doesn't even know me and he is planning out a future with me. This is weird. This is fast. This is terrifying.

"That was really forward. I'm just so used to girls who just want to jump into things. I'm so sorry if I make things uncomfortable. Please tell me if I do. I feel like you're different and I really like you." He apologizes. My heart weld up. He's different. He's special. He could be the one.