Chapter 2: Before break

Jess woke up Monday morning with the thought of seeing Leslie later. Boy, he couldn't help but remember the feeling when his lips touched hers and they just... Clicked.

     While he ate the food his mom had laid out for him, he watched as the school bus he used to take come and Dylan chasing May Belle out of the house and down to the road until they were on the bus. How ironic. That's what he and Leslie did back then. What's even more ironic is that Dylan is blonde, just like Leslie. Maybe the Aarons have a something for blondes... Or maybe just a coincidence.

    His mother had been unusually cheery in the morning for some reason. He found out why when he saw a bouquet of flowers on the table that had a card that was from his father. It was their 17th Anniversary. How sweet, he thought when he saw them and how happy his mother was.

     As he walked down the road and to Leslie's house, he was surprised when he saw her walking toward his direction. He paced himself faster and before he knew it, she threw herself to him and gave him a kiss. The kiss he was longing for all morning.

Leslie broke off the kiss a minute later and stared at him with a grin. "Are you surprised?"

     "Uhh..." He was still bewildered at how she could kiss so good. "Is it okay if I ask ya something?"

     "Shoot."

     "I am your first kiss, right?"

     Leslie nodded. "Jess, you're pretty much the only guy I know here." She stated and then smirked. "I don't think I kissed any guy when I was 12. I would've remembered if I did."

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close, giving her a peck on her forehead. "I'm the luckiest guy alive."

BEEP--BEEP

They quickly separated and saw Bill in his car driving by.

For some reason, Jess couldn't hold a proper conversation with Leslie's father in the car. Leslie, literally had to save him many times because he would go and ramble about just.. Stuff... that made no complete sense.

It became so awkward to Jess that at one point he suddenly blurted that he once wetted the bed when he was 14, gaining laughter from the two Burkes and him being red all the way until they arrived in school.

     "Can't believe you wetted your bed when you were 14." Leslie was still giggling even after they had gotten out of the car.

     "Oh would you stop it already? I can't believe I told that to your dad..." Jess groaned, his face still red.

     Leslie smiled and kissed him on the cheek, whispering into his ear before striding in front of him. "I thought it was cute."

He couldn't believe just how incredibly attractive she sounded earlier, even more attractive when she seemed so playful all of a sudden. Was Leslie Burke always like this? Or maybe he just didn't seem to notice because he viewed her as a best friend. Besides, she was awfully great in pretending to be a good girl. I mean she is a good girl, but sometimes she can be a bad girl too when she wants to be.

And then it occurred to him. She was walking, all perfectly well. What?

"Wait you're walking perfectly fine!"

Leslie looked over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out.

     Jess was grinning as he shook his head and followed her into the school building.